Titans draft DT Tvondre Sweat At 38

58 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

pff has him at 503 snaps over 14 games, which is indeed 35/game, but i don’t know that that’s especially low compared to his peers. byron murphy played 438, also over 14 games. for comparison, braden fiske played 444 in 13 games, ruke orhorhorho played 409 over 12. the big outlier is johnny newton who played 749 over 12 games

Jesus Christ, no wonder his foot gave out on him.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

Anyone who knows Titans twitter, Mike Herndon and Justin Graver are both Texas football fans. Both speak extremely highly of the Sweat and the impact he has had on their DL and overall defense fwiw. Maybe they're being homers but I think both would call out Sweat if they weren't fans of his.

Boom!!! They’re high on all Texas players especially Mike.

@KingTitan I’m letting you know right now we hit on Sweat 3yrs from now I’m pulling this thread up & im atting everyone that doubted the guy & wrote him off. I don’t care if you put mute me, or band me, I got my burner account ready 😮‍💨🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I do think, outside of character issues, Sweat has a high floor on the field. He will be a run stuffer and pocket collapser who can at least pressure QBs.

But I think his ceiling is like Teair Tart. And there are DLs still on the board that I think offer more upside than that. Throw in the fact we could have traded down? Not a pick I like.

see, i think the pretty clear ceiling comparison is vita vea. and if we get 3/4 of what vita vea is next to jeffery simmons….yeah, i can see the vision lol. problem is we could also get danny shelton……or defensive isaiah wilson.

9 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

@KingTitan I’m letting you know right now we hit on Sweat 3yrs from now I’m pulling this thread up & im atting everyone that doubted the guy & wrote him off. I don’t care if you put mute me, or band me, I got my burner account ready 😮‍💨🤣🤣🤣

Buddy listen when I tell you this, WE DO NOT CARE. You’ve said a lot of dumb **** over the years as well, do we need to dig that up? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

see, i think the pretty clear ceiling comparison is vita vea. and if we get 3/4 of what vita vea is next to jeffery simmons….yeah, i can see the vision lol. problem is we could also get danny shelton……or defensive isaiah wilson.

Yep. On the field he was damn good last year. But why did it take 5 years? Also his off the field issues. DUI about 3 weeks before the biggest moment of your life.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Again I think the party stuff is overblown. Taylor Lewan was chugging beers outta catfish at preds games with his daughter holding on to his leg. And most of y’all called him ‘Dad’ for years. 

He was probably smart enough to get another driver.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Buddy listen when I tell you this, WE DO NOT CARE. You’ve said a lot of dumb **** over the years as well, do we need to dig that up? 

Dude you must feel attacked mr overly  sensitive, you love to say how you don’t care then be the main 1 on Twitter explaining himself over 5 min going on & on.  Dude you been made A$$ by far more than anyone on the internet do we need to dig that up. 😮‍💨

17 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

He was probably smart enough to get another driver.

He got hit by another car & he was barely  over the limit he got a DWI. Dumb I agree cause it’s to close to him being drafted to put himself in any kind of situation. 

Edited by TitanRedd

4 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

So here’s some more details on our 2nd rd pick. Texas would often put him at the 3tech & Murphy at NT. For those that are wondering if he can rush the passer here’s the proof the statistics. 

I pointed this out earlier, but this is in no way something to be excited about, to be honest. He played mostly 3tech and he has 5 career sacks to his name. Murphy, playing more NT, has recorded 6 this year alone. I saw Bryan commenting on the matter trying to say pushing the pocket is what normally concerns him as an offensive coach and they obviously value it, but I just don't see how you invest this much into a prospect like that.

I don't dislike him, there is actually some nuance to his pass rushing game, but when you're likely the lowest athlete on the field, it's not going to matter much in the NFL, especially with double teams and snap count expected to rise. It did not produce much in college, I am not counting on it to produce in the NFL.

Every single one of those recent high NT picks that were mentioned have one thing in common: they are elite athletes. Sweat is far from one. When trying to project what a mostly 3tech in college would look like playing more NT as a pro, this matters a lot.

• Like 1

“The more I watched Sweat the more I liked him, and there is no question he is more than just a big space-eater defending the run in a confined space. He reminds me of Dexter Lawrence, Vita Vea and Fletcher Cox.”

Greg Cosell on #Titans DT T’Vondre Sweat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justin615$ said:

“The more I watched Sweat the more I liked him, and there is no question he is more than just a big space-eater defending the run in a confined space. He reminds me of Dexter Lawrence, Vita Vea and Fletcher Cox.”

Greg Cosell on #Titans DT T’Vondre Sweat

His condition & work ethic gone make or break him, big mean aren’t suppose to move like that a 5.21 at 366 lbs is insane