Titans draft DT Tvondre Sweat At 38

21 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think I have an idea of Ran’s draft strategy. He values high floor guys and clearly is a run game guy.

That’s clearly not all of it, but I think it’s a pretty common thread with Skoronski, Latham, and Sweat.

I think he also is zigging where the league is zagging on positional value. Skor was a guard drafted 11th overall, they took Spears in the third with bigger needs, signed another big money RB this season, and now drafted a traditional right tackle seventh overall and a nose tackle 38th.

Just a theory.

I just think fans don't pay attention to how contenders are built. All the year in year out contenders built and maintained their trenches before they invested heavily in skill players. 

The eagles had a dominant offense and defensive line before they traded for AJ and drafted Devante and now signed Saquan.

Niners had their line in place when they drafted Deebo, Aiyujk and traded for McCaffrey

Ravens were dominant up front when they started investing in guys like Zay, Hollywood, and Bateman

Look how the Lions are built.

Unless you have a world class QB who can make up for roster mistakes. The best way to build is inside out. 

Talk about zigging and zagging. the back to back champs have won by essentially zigging. Although they do have Mahomes. The chiefs don't have the best passing game in the league right now, far from it. Their pass game is good enough, but they won in large part because their o-line was able to neutralize the Philly and San Fran pass rush and run with Pacheco, plus Chris Jones was unlockable on the interior and the secondary and front seven were top notch. Outside of having Mahomes, Kelce, and Reid (which I get mean a lot) is this not how the Titans are trying to build?

Edited by Chocolateman78

21 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think I have an idea of Ran’s draft strategy. He values high floor guys and clearly is a run game guy.

That’s clearly not all of it, but I think it’s a pretty common thread with Skoronski, Latham, and Sweat.

I think he also is zigging where the league is zagging on positional value. Skor was a guard drafted 11th overall, they took Spears in the third with bigger needs, signed another big money RB this season, and now drafted a traditional right tackle seventh overall and a nose tackle 38th.

Just a theory.

Vrabel Ball baby!!! 

Might be a disaster, but we will be considerably more fun to watch vs the disaster of the past two seasons. We will no doubt at minimum be aggressive on both side of the ball unlike the conservative garbage we have been subjected to lately!!! 

14 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

Might be a disaster, but we will be considerably more fun to watch vs the disaster of the past two seasons. We will no doubt at minimum be aggressive on both side of the ball unlike the conservative garbage we have been subjected to lately!!! 

If DHop misses any time whatsoever we have one target who is at best a number 2 WR. 

Unproven TE in Chig 

Burks who is nothing

NWI who is nothing

Kyle Phillips, who is, once again, nothing

I see no reason to believe this offense makes any major strides unless Callahan is some kind of wizard.

Maybe he is, but there's no reason to believe it right now.

• Like 1

I get it, and admitted it might be a disaster, but it won't be our intention to run, run, and try to convert 3rd and 6 on every drive to shorten the game. 

If you are doing what ifs...what if we drafted whoever you wanted in the 1st and 2nd round and Big Jeff, Ridley, DHop, Sneed, Landry, Levis, Spears, Skor, Cush, and any number of other guys miss time...my guess is the scheme will stay the same and we will try to put up points and blitz like crazy in an effort to win games. 

Edited by Dr.Doom52

9 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

I get it, and admitted it might be a disaster, but it won't be our intention to run, run, and try to convert 3rd and 6 on every drive to shorten the game. 

If you are doing what ifs...what if we drafted whoever you wanted in the 1st and 2nd round and Big Jeff, Sneed, Landry, Levis, Spears, Skor, Cush, and any number of other guys miss time...my guess is the scheme will stay the same and we will try to put up points and blitz like crazy in an effort to win games. 

"winning games" shouldn't be the objective right now. Getting an offensive core together while Levis is cheap should be the goal this year. Fix the defense next year when we think we can score points. Offense has been our bugaboo since the Fisher era. This idea that plugging these holes on defense temporarily is gonna mean anything in the long run is just silly to me.

So what if we hold teams to 20PPG next year? We're probably gonna score 17 or 18. If we had drafted a WR this year, they could've gotten experience behind DHop and Ridley without all the pressure of coming in as a number 1. Remember Burks? That's what's going to happen next year. DHop will be gone, we'll draft someone high, and they'll have tons of pressure to contribute to a WR group that has no one but a glorified #2 in there. 

It's not just about scoring a lot of points right now or a magic bullet solution to our offensive woes. We only have so many years of Levis' rookie deal and we're going to waste another building on the wrong side of the ball. Hell, we won't even be able to properly evaluate him next year unless he just lights it up. There will always be questions if he struggles. 

Edited by Kookie23
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

"winning games" shouldn't be the objective right now. Getting an offensive core together while Levis is cheap should be the goal this year. Fix the defense next year when we think we can score points. Offense has been our bugaboo since the Fisher era. This idea that plugging these holes on defense temporarily is gonna mean anything in the long run is just silly to me.

So what if we hold teams to 20PPG next year? We're probably gonna score 17 or 18. If we had drafted a WR this year, they could've gotten experience behind DHop and Ridley without all the pressure of coming in as a number 1. Remember Burks? That's what's going to happen next year. DHop will be gone, we'll draft someone high, and they'll have tons of pressure to contribute to a WR group that has no one but a glorified #2 in there. 

It's not just about scoring a lot of points right now or a magic bullet solution to our offensive woes. We only have so many years of Levis' rookie deal and we're going to waste another building on the wrong side of the ball. Hell, we won't even be able to properly evaluate him next year unless he just lights it up. There will always be questions if he struggles. 

The opinion becomes irrelevant at this point. What are you even a fan for?

12 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

The opinion becomes irrelevant at this point. What are you even a fan for?

We're literally rebuilding.

I don't understand this fanbase. I really don't. You know why no one goes to our games? No one takes us seriously in the media? Has no idea who our players are? Laughs at us for firing overrated coaches?

We don't get the right players. We don't value the right positions. We don't play winning football.

I want that to change, but I'm "not a fan" because I can see it and don't like what we're doing. I thought all these old mindsets would change when we hired Callahan, and maybe that can still happen. But to me, we're still doing things we've always done. Everyone thinks Calvin Ridley is gonna fix our WR room, and hey, he's definitely an upgrade over what we had. I was happy with the move. But I was under the assumption we were going to keep going from there. It looks like another year of slapping a bandaid on a hole that will probably help in the short term, but will not be enough long term.

Edited by Kookie23

1 hour ago, Kookie23 said:

Rebuilding offense should be the process, but yeah let's reach for a guy to stop the run in a league where only one team runs the ball.

Wrong again y’all stay overreacting & don’t understand the game of football & when someone goes about trying to teach you how to look at it from a different perspective they’re the clown, the bad guy, he’s not a 1 dimensional 2 down DL, he led their entire DL in snaps played & has a very high pass rush grade as well run stoppage. But y’all so negative & criticize criticize criticize because he isn’t the player we want & I get it, but at least know what you’re talking about & don’t make assumptions. The game is still won between the trenches, we have 0 interior depth, this guy helps free up the most important player on our defense, someone I hear people cry every Sunday & be quick to call me a clown or I don’t watch ball when I say Simmons isn’t making any plays & the 1st thing they say, he’s freaking double team. Great players beat double teams consistently I don’t know 1 HOF player that wasn’t double teamed & still took over games. He’s going to help Simmons get 1 on 1’s he’s going to keep our LB’s free so they can run side line to sideline to make plays without having to get off blocks. Y’all don’t see the positive in sh!t we’re rebuilding it’s not a overnight thing we can’t fix all our issues in 1 offseason. Trust the process be positive that’s why we have a coaching staff they have a plan, they’re getting guys that fit the mold of the defense they trying to put on the field. 

https://x.com/sharmsports_nfl/status/1784008638945710483?s=46&t=Ukw_5LibYaKH6esx9aawEw

https://x.com/paulkuharskynfl/status/1784005271959814354?s=46&t=Ukw_5LibYaKH6esx9aawEw

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Wrong again y’all stay overreacting & don’t understand the game of football & when someone goes about trying to teach you how to look at it from a different perspective they’re the clown, the bad guy, he’s not a 1 dimensional 2 down DL, he led their entire DL in snaps played & has a very high pass rush grade as well run stoppage. But y’all so negative & criticize criticize criticize because he isn’t the player we want & I get it, but at least know what you’re talking about & don’t make assumptions. The game is still won between the trenches, we have 0 interior depth, this guy helps free up the most important player on our defense, someone I hear people cry every Sunday & be quick to call me a clown or I don’t watch ball when I say Simmons isn’t making any plays & the 1st thing they say, he’s freaking double team. Great players beat double teams consistently I don’t know 1 HOF player that wasn’t double teamed & still took over games. He’s going to help Simmons get 1 on 1’s he’s going to keep our LB’s free so they can run side line to sideline to make plays without having to get off blocks. Y’all don’t see the positive in sh!t we’re rebuilding it’s not a overnight thing we can’t fix all our issues in 1 offseason. Trust the process be positive that’s why we have a coaching staff they have a plan, they’re getting guys that fit the mold of the defense they trying to put on the field. 

https://x.com/sharmsports_nfl/status/1784008638945710483?s=46&t=Ukw_5LibYaKH6esx9aawEw

https://x.com/paulkuharskynfl/status/1784005271959814354?s=46&t=Ukw_5LibYaKH6esx9aawEw

You really think you're the minority opinion here?

We gave Calvin Ridley a bunch of money, made Lloyd Cushenberry one of the highest paid centers in football, signed a quality RB and drafted a tackle in the top 10.

If you expected us to be more aggressive than that on the offensive side in one offseason, that’s on you.

Just now, titans0021 said:

We gave Calvin Ridley a bunch of money, made Lloyd Cushenberry one of the highest paid centers in football, signed a quality RB and drafted a tackle in the top 10.

If you expected us to be more aggressive than that on the offensive side in one offseason, that’s on you.

You're right. We should admit defeat and call it a day at halftime like we always do on offense.