Titans draft DT Tvondre Sweat At 38

This is the reason I stopped paying attention to mock drafts. You look over so many that you think you KNOW how every team ranks every player. THen when the guy YOU think is the best available doesn't get drafted. Everyone's mad and knows more than the FO. 

It makes sense. HE's a big bodied mammoth that's gonna be hard to block. That not only frees up Simmons, but he keeps Kenneth murray and whoever else plays ILB. 

I also go back to something I heard Greg Cossell say a few years back. He was breaking down the Eagles/Titans game that got JRob fired. Cossell said one thing that stood out to him was how much bigger man-to-man the Eagles looked than the Titans. HE said it was striking. just watching the All-22. 

1 minute ago, Chocolateman78 said:

This is the reason I stopped paying attention to mock drafts. You look over so many that you think you KNOW how every team ranks every player. THen when the guy YOU think is the best available doesn't get drafted. Everyone's mad and knows more than the FO. 

It makes sense. HE's a big bodied mammoth that's gonna be hard to block. That not only frees up Simmons, but he keeps Kenneth murray and whoever else plays ILB. 

I also go back to something I heard Greg Cossell say a few years back. He was breaking down the Eagles/Titans game that got JRob fired. Cossell said one thing that stood out to him was how much bigger man-to-man the Eagles looked than the Titans. HE said it was striking. just watching the All-22. 

i mean personally i think it's rational to not be thrilled that we just drafted a guy with weight issues who crashed his car driving drunk two weeks ago

• Like 1

Just now, 615finest said:

It was a run on DT so it makes sense.. but this also helps big Jeff not get doubled as much.. I don’t hate the pick but I did want a wr

i can absolutely see the vision. readymade run stuffer who eats double teams will be big for simmons, and sweat has the ability and room to grow as a pass rusher. the problem is the off-the-field and conditioning concerns are really tough for me.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i mean personally i think it's rational to not be thrilled that we just drafted a guy with weight issues who crashed his car driving drunk two weeks ago

Yea...

But my guess is that if the Titans took the guy you wanted, and he happened to have the same issue, you probably wouldn't mind so much.

Just now, Chocolateman78 said:

Yea...

But my guess is that if the Titans took the guy you wanted, and he happened to have the same issue, you probably wouldn't mind so much.

the guy i wanted wouldn't be a guy with those issues lol. that's my whole problem here. pacman and VY gave me enough legal + team chemistry mess for a lifetime, team doesn't need more of that.

5 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

Titans have had great DL specifically interior DL play with very little draft capital. Why spend a 2nd rd pick on one now?

No they don't. Its literally just Simmons, Day and some scrubs.  

Dline was one of the biggest holes on the team.

The Titans don't play in a 7 on 7 league.