Titans draft DT Tvondre Sweat At 38

Idk man, I've watched a ton of stuff on the guy since we drafted him, I see a freak athlete for the weight and size. Whether he gets to the QB by himself or not remains to be seen, but he seems like a guy that will make others look a lot better than they are.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Idk man, I've watched a ton of stuff on the guy since we drafted him, I see a freak athlete for the weight and size. Whether he gets to the QB by himself or not remains to be seen, but he seems like a guy that will make others look a lot better than they are.

Respect 

Well with no real path to turning your O elite you can turn your good D into an elite D and win that way.  I don’t mind the pick is he can stay on the field.  This helps Simmons dominate and hopefully make it also easier for Landry to get to the passer.   

The evaluation is the evaluation at this point.

For me its about understanding the vision. 

And I see the vision.

Our DC just came from a defense that featured a dline of Justin Madabuke and Michael Pierce. 

They are looking to replicate that here. 

I understand questioning the value but IMO its worth the investment if the vision comes true.

• Like 3

I couldn't get on this site for about a day. I'm glad I missed the intiial hate of the pick. 
It makes sense. We needed someone at DT. DT is one of the hardest positions to translate to me. You can get by with athletic ability very easily in college, but you can't teach size. 
Sweat has the size that translates and movement skills needed for the position. 
Value aside, it's a good pick. 
I don't care what the media or the fans thought he should have got picked at. Fans and media were wrong about JJ McCarty and Pennix. They didn't change up until they started talking to people. 
Sweat doesn't have a lot of wow to him now but like was said earlier, if during the season he is clogging the middle and allowing Big Jeff to eat, we will sure appreciate him then. 

People loved Tart. Not like he was a sack machine either. 

3 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

The evaluation is the evaluation at this point.

For me its about understanding the vision. 

And I see the vision.

Our DC just came from a defense that featured a dline of Justin Madabuke and Michael Pierce. 

They are looking to replicate that here. 

I understand questioning the value but IMO it’s worth the investment if the vision comes true.

This is one of the most important thing for me during a draft. What’s the purpose and vision behind the pick. And while I would’ve preferred to trade back, I certainly understand the vision behind the pick.

Dennard Wilson said he wanted DAWGs on his team. Disciplined A**hole With Grit. We have certainly added that through the draft and free agency. I love it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yes…yes…don’t care if this is a bald-faced lie, give me the copium, i accept it. time to start convincing myself to like this pick. lmao

The ol "got a text from another GM" line. :)

Does it make it better if it was the Eagles GM or maybe the Falcons GM. lol

I actually like the pick. Outside of keeping doubles off Big Jeff het also will help keep our LBs clean. You can’t teach size and he has plenty of it. Plus I’m sure hell be out there for more then 2 downs, he might not have a a great pass rush arsenal but he can collapse the pocket from the middle 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I actually like the pick. Outside of keeping doubles off Big Jeff het also will help keep our LBs clean. You can’t teach size and he has plenty of it. Plus I’m sure hell be out there for more then 2 downs, he might not have a a great pass rush arsenal but he can collapse the pocket from the middle 

May never get more than 2 sacks a season but his impact can be felt. Vince Wilfork was a very great player. never had more than 3.5 sacks in a season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

May never get more than 2 sacks a season but his impact can be felt. Vince Wilfork was a very great player. never had more than 3.5 sacks in a season.

I holding out hope he can turn into Vita Vea lol.. especially how they put him on the edge and he abused Dillard 😮‍💨

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

& he played in a traditional 3-4 big NT to 5 tech DE’s, him & Richard Seymour could’ve been dominant sack interior DT’s in a 4-3 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Well let's just hope that impact isn't his car hitting someone off the field

Edited by Kookie23