Packers 2024 UDFA Class

Zycho32

7 minutes ago, Refugee said:

366 this year. Had forgotten last year’s all name team captain Jadakis Bonds.  

He's now on GB Norths roster the BC Lions with an all Packers receiving group featuring Jeff Cotton and Travis Fulgham.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 11:08 PM, Packerraymond said:

He's now on GB Norths roster the BC Lions with an all Packers receiving group featuring Jeff Cotton and Travis Fulgham.

Marc-Antoine Dequoy won the Grey cup last year with the Montreal Alouettes, although I'm not sure anyone would remember him. He spent a whole 2 weeks in GB before being released.

6 hours ago, Bcv said:

Marc-Antoine Dequoy won the Grey cup last year with the Montreal Alouettes, although I'm not sure anyone would remember him. He spent a whole 2 weeks in GB before being released.

He was great in Brotherhood of the Wolf.

7 hours ago, Bcv said:

How could anyone forget the Quebecois Janis?  Ok, most people have but I was hoping he would make it as a special teams demon. On to the next long shots for this year’s training camp. Going to be a lot harder with so many young guys already pencilled in. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 10:41 PM, R T said:

For now, the Packers will go forward with 10 UDFA's from this rookie class. 

RB - Jarveon Howard

WR - Julian Hicks, Dimitri Stanley

TE - Messiah Swinson

OL - Donovan Jennings, Trente Jones

DL - James Ester, Rodney Mathews

LB - Ralen Goforth

LS - Peter Bowden

As the summer goes on, I'm guessing we will see others come and go. Last year Emanuel Wilson and Jadakis Bonds were added in late May. It is a 365 process.    

And then there were 9. 

• Like 1

A little surprised we cut Rodney Mathews so quickly. Not often we cut an UDFA before mandatory minicamp. Especially with three kickers on the roster.

I thought we were lacking depth at nose tackle for training camp. You got Clark, Slaton and Ford. That's it. Thought Mathews would've made it four.

We have plenty of penetrating interior DT next to the NT such as Wyatt, Brooks, Wooden and Ester.

Now Spencer Waege will make it five interior rushers.

20 minutes ago, Chili said:

A little surprised we cut Rodney Mathews so quickly. Not often we cut an UDFA before mandatory minicamp. Especially with three kickers on the roster.

I thought we were lacking depth at nose tackle for training camp. You got Clark, Slaton and Ford. That's it. Thought Mathews would've made it four.

We have plenty of penetrating interior DT next to the NT such as Wyatt, Brooks, Wooden and Ester.

Now Spencer Waege will make it five interior rushers.

We're a 4-3 now and no longer require a NT. Clark and Slaton are going to be asked to be disruptive 1-gappers and Ford most certainly will be cut by the end of camp and latch on to the PS of a 3-4 team. 

Number 73, left tackle.

Going by my completely novice understanding of OL play, he looked pretty good.  I don't believe that he got beat on any of his pass reps.  I also think his worst plays seemed to be neutral at worst.  He didn't have any plays where he just threw a pass rusher to the ground, or blocked a dude into the bench or anything like that.  One thing I did notice, was that he seemed to get out real quick on some of the screen passes, and I wonder if he may have been too far upfield a couple of times.  I am not sure if that is on him, or the QB.