53 Man Roster thread

Old Guy

3 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

I shudder to think he could be worse.

It's likely enough that he will be.

Or maybe a better way to say it is that I think it's more likely that Narveson will be a worse K than 2023 Carlson than 2024 Carlson would have been.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's likely enough that he will be.

Or maybe a better way to say it is that I think it's more likely that Narveson will be a worse K than 2023 Carlson than 2024 Carlson would have been.

I think he doesn't miss a kick all year.   In fact, I think he elects to begin taking all XP attempts from 55+ just to make it a "challenge."   

Chuck Norris is on record saying Narveson is HIS hero.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

I think he doesn't miss a kick all year.   In fact, I think he elects to begin taking all XP attempts from 55+ just to make it a "challenge."   

Chuck Norris is on record saying Narveson is HIS hero.

Let's make extra points boring again.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Thank god we got at least one of the August darlings back. 

I think it's still worth it to see if he can be what he hoped to be before his down year. He's shown the ability to be physical as a rookie which can improve as he grows as a pro.  Maybe he's not good enough but Hafley's wheelhouse is in the secondary and I think he'll play a role in developing our guys there and will have his finger on the pulse to decide if a guy belongs in this defense or not.  

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Anthony Johnson preseason scouting report?

Pretty good player in a (newly) crowded room.  He was running with starters before the rookies all got their feet wet.  Kind of a surprise cut, but not a complete shocker.  Even started 4  games last season.  If nothing else, he offers a special teams player and a guy that is competent off the bench.

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Pretty good player in a (newly) crowded room.  He was running with starters before the rookies all got their feet wet.  Kind of a surprise cut, but not a complete shocker.  Even started 4  games last season.  If nothing else, he offers a special teams player and a guy that is competent off the bench.

Where'd he go?

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

12 signed to the PS. Joseph cut. 

Probably the worst news of the day is that Carrington Valentine changed his number from 37 to 24. 

Hmmmm....so the kicker has been chosen.

20 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

12 signed to the PS. Joseph cut. 

Probably the worst news of the day is that Carrington Valentine changed his number from 37 to 24. 

12 which includes Hale right?   So we have 5 more spots to fill still