How would you rate him so far?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate him so far?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Kwesi has made some mistakes. His 1st draft and neglecting the OL depth have been my biggest concerns with him. I don't mind his strategy of buying low-high-risk players with late picks. Most of those late picks get cut by year 2 anyway. I like his willingness to make a move in the season when there's a need for TJ, Akers, etc. Rick outside of Teddy's injury basically kept the team the same.  The fans are on edge and someone has to take the blame between him and KOC. The fans decided it was his fault and I can understand. However, the fanbase calling for him to be fired already is absurd. This team is top-heavy with years of poor drafting and a lack of cap space. The 13-3 record last year has blinded some of the fanbase to the lack of talent and depth.  His 23' draft and recent moves do need to show up.   

• Like 2

I think most people I've heard complain about him is in regards to his trades, because they feel that he hasn't gotten enough in return...they look at the draft trade in which they got Cine and, in the end, got nothing for Dalvin (and it looks like they shouldn't have gotten anything either).  Trades are always fickle.  Spielman appeared to be pretty brilliant at trades, but that's probably more facade than reality, because they didn't often turn out well in the end either...outside of the Diggs (ended up with JJ) and Harvin (ended up with Rhodes) trades. 

• 1 month later...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-midseason-all-rookie-team-texans-shine-with-c-j-stroud-and-will-anderson-lions-land-three-honorees/

Addison has done a marvelous job stepping into the No. 1 wideout role in Minnesota after the serious hamstring injury Justin Jefferson suffered weeks ago. He has seven touchdowns on the season and has worked diligently to improve his separation ability against press coverage that hampered his productivity in September. Addison also has not dropped a pass entering Week 9. 

The rookie class of linebackers doesn't have a true stud halfway through 2023 -- except a second-level defender who wasn't drafted at all in Pace. The blitzing extraordinaire has been too good for Minnesota to keep him off the field to begin his NFL career. He's logged the third-most snaps among rookie linebackers and has easily been the most consistent in all phases of playing the position. Pace has registered nine pressures on 55 pass-rush snaps and has only missed two tackles. So much for being too small.  

Two rookies on CBS's mid season all rookie team. Ivan Pace is the only UDFA. Nice draft by Kwesi so far.

• Like 2

Seeing nice things from Roy and Blackmon as they get comfortable in the league.  Roy had himself a pretty good pre-season.  Include someone like Najee Thompson who's flashed on specials and our turnover celly coordinator.

• Like 3

While his first draft is not the best, it's funny how some Vikings fans said Kweis giving WRs to division rivals will haunt the Vikings for years. So far neither Williams nor Watson has broken out yet. Addison already has more yards and TD than Wiliams. Also, only one TD short of Watson 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, dc_vikingfan said:

While his first draft is not the best, it's funny how some Vikings fans said Kweis giving WRs to division rivals will haunt the Vikings for years. So far neither Williams nor Watson has broken out yet. Addison already has more yards and TD than Wiliams. Also, only one TD short of Watson 

I think it's more about the perceived lack of value received in those trades. If we want to flip things, the Lions have already gotten more out of Willams than we have gotten out of Cine. But that's always hindsight. But I think fans are justified in questioning the return on the trades. Especially when dealing with divisional rivals. 

• Like 2

The trade with the Lions was bad. It was bad at the time, and it’s bad in hindsight. The Vikings not only got poor value in the trade, but they also made the trade with multiple blue chip prospects on the board. Kwesi tried to get cute and he got played. 

The Green Bay trade was actually a solid trade. They got good value. But I think people were still upset about the first trade. 

• Like 3

They ultimately ended up with Cine, Ingram and Asamoah as a result of that Detroit trade (which included that GB trade)...I don't think it was great value, but I don't think it ended up being poor either or that he ended up being "played" as you say.   Either way, I don't think it probably will make the top 5 of worst trades ever made by a Vikings GM.