The playoffs!

13 win regular season

#1 seed in the NFC

Playoff game against the Falcons with a potential game against the Vikings

Patriots are the AFC favorites 

Quarterback who can’t hit water falling out of a boat (except way less worm burners)

Smells like 04’

My "early in the week" keys to the game:

Offense:

I think having Wiz back will help Vaitai, he's going to need an occasional chip vs Clayborn. If we can get up to Deion Jones in the screen game we may have some plays with all the man they play. 

They play fast but they are undisciplined and a little on the small side. Pound the rock, 3rd and 5 is better than 3rd and 8+  

Defense: 

Timmy J/Cox are going to have to make Alex Mack work. If they take plays off, get outworked or get gassed. Mack will start to get to those LBs which can cause problems. 

We have to limit the big play, Julio isn't a slant and go (sluggo) guy but we can't let the other guys make big plays. If the coverage can dictate things and make Matt Ryan hold it a tick longer than he wants our DL should feast. 

Special teams:

We need someone to make a play, return game has been trash. 

Probably irrelevant but: 

Atlanta fans probably have the means to infiltrate the Linc because of the UGA/'Bama title game being in ATL. Sell a ticket to a Bama fan for $1500 turn around and buy LL seats at the Linc for $400 each. Of course not including flight, hotel, etc. Just thought it was interesting that the game is in ATL, and who is playing.  

17 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Probably irrelevant but: 

Atlanta fans probably have the means to infiltrate the Linc because of the UGA/'Bama title game being in ATL. Sell a ticket to a Bama fan for $1500 turn around and buy LL seats at the Linc for $400 each. Of course not including flight, hotel, etc. Just thought it was interesting that the game is in ATL, and who is playing.  

I'd be surprised if we see 100 total Falcons fans in the Linc.

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'd be surprised if we see 100 total Falcons fans in the Linc.

I know you are exaggerating but anyone expecting to see anything but an absolute sea of green at the Linc this Saturday is crazy. The Eagles is a playoff game? The Linc is going to be LOUD and cold, no ATL fans are going to want to travel to see that. 

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I know you are exaggerating but anyone expecting to see anything but an absolute sea of green at the Linc this Saturday is crazy. The Eagles is a playoff game? The Linc is going to be LOUD and cold, no ATL fans are going to want to travel to see that. 

Yeah, 100 is kinda high.

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Probably but usually the line is very telling. It's just not very indicative. Vegas would throw a 7 or 8 up there and hope most people would take the points on a home dog. And then watch Atlanta smoke us. But a 2.5 spread is really minuscule. I'm curious to see how they move the line during the week. 

Maybe we beat Atlanta. I think we can beat them. But if someone were to give you 3 points and Atlanta you take it every day. 

nick foles has looked really bad the last two weeks and just look at every one on this forum no one thinks the eagles have a chance against any team. In their minds we lost to the giants and raiders too. 

I kind of like the no expectations feel to this game. I know that if we lose it'll still suck but we're starting Foles so it's not unexpected. The players are going to be playing their tails off knowing that no one is giving them a shot despite all that they've accomplished. The fans are going to be absolutely raucous as well. I would't be surprised if we made some noise. I'm also incredibly blazed off of hopium right now lol

If we lose we'll be playing the What-if game all offseason, but it'll be fine we still have 10+ years of Went if he stays healthy. I don't think any of us expected this in the second year of the Doug/Carson era.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

nick foles has looked really bad the last two weeks and just look at every one on this forum no one thinks the eagles have a chance against any team. In their minds we lost to the giants and raiders too. 

Which is why it's odd that Vegas is giving us less than a field goal. They think the Eagles can win. Game will come down to a couple plays I think.  

Archived