Who wins AFC East in 2024?

AFC East winner in 2024  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFC East this season?

• Buffalo Bills
    • Miami Dolphins
    • New England Patriots
    • New York Jets

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2024 at 12:00 AM

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I'll guess the Jets but I'm not very confident Rodgers will be durable enough to play all year. And the O-line is a bit patchwork. 

They need their tackles to stay healthy for Rodgers to stay healthy, and Tyron Smith doesn't have his picture in the dictionary next to "reliable".

Buffalo is the team in the AFCE that I have the most faith in their ability to roll with the normal kind of injury stuff.

Yeah, I can at least get why people want to go for the Jets here, I thoroughly don't understand people picking Miami. The Bills did all they could to hand them the division last year and they said no thank you. They beat one relevant team all year last year while losing decisively against every other contender they played against, and because their cap situation is trash, they lost a bunch of talent this offseason too. Unless you think this is the year Tua takes a leap, which I don't really get why you would think that at this point, I just don't see an argument for them at all. Worst defense in the division, lost Wilkins, Baker, Hunt, Davis, Elliott, Van Ginkel, etc., not to mention Fangio, and there was a visible and problematic difference between what that offense did last year in ideal conditions (bad opposition, good weather, everyone healthy) and non-ideal conditions. It really doesn't matter if they can put up 40+ against Carolina, Washington, and Denver, if they can't crack 20 against KC, Baltimore, Buffalo, Philadelphia, etc. They will be a mid-tier team for sure, but I don't know what they've shown anyone to make them think they'll win the division.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 2:03 PM, Dr A W Niloc said:

There is nothing in the numbers that suggests anyone will beat the Jets this year.  Concerns about coaching are alleviated by the defense's excellence and experience coupled with Aaron Rodgers not needing a lot of guidance.

AFCE  Overall Offence Defence | 2023 D V O A | Frequencies Off | Ease of Schedule
2024  Rk-PFFR  Rk-Rtg  Rk-Rtg | DVOA-Def-Off | QB RB WR TE EoS | QB RB WR TE Team
      ** ****                 |              |                 |
Jets   2  616   9 320   1 296 | 25th  20  32 | 10 12 23 10  10 | 15 14 14 20 18th
Buff   8  819  13 366   6 453 |  3rd 1st 3rd | 22 12 19 11  32 | 25 28 26 21 27th
Miam  14  894   3 224  14 545 |  6th 8th 2nd | 16  9  8 32  26 | 29 10 32 30  9th
N.E.  31 1181  25 413  29 768 | 27th  16  29 | 20 12 24 15   5 | 17  2 25  7 25th

To his credit, Joe Douglas outdrafted Chris Grier, Brandon Beane, and Eliot Wolf.  The race for second will be more interesting, with Drake Maye and Jayden Daniels serving as wild cards.

Oh, I like this narrative a lot. Buffalo has been dragging their nuts all over this division the past few years, so the 'numbers saying otherwise' gives me a little chuckle. Until Josh Allen has retired or another monster QB emerges- they're the favorites year in and year out. That's not to say another team can't snag the division once in a while, but history tells me Buffalo is the smart bet, and I'm all about making money!

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

This is a retooling year for the Bills

The dolphins are gonna struggle in the trenches due to departures and recovering from injuries

The Patriots... LOL

The jets win unless Rodgers gets hurt again, pretty easily at that 

I'll take the Bills with like a 34% confidence.  This is a tough division to predict.  Dolphins were up and down last year, Bills have been habitual contenders that just can't take the next step, and the Jets have Rodgers one year removed from a bad injury and another year older.

About the only thing I'm fairly confident in is the Pats not winning.

• 2 weeks later...

I've no faith in Rodgers staying healthy and playing at a high level all year. If he does it through the season, it's just a question of time before they're thrashed in the playoffs IMO. The Bills I have even less faith in. Allen is overrated and his WR corps is suspect to say the least. So if Tagliaetc stays healthy, it's the Fins.