Greg Zuerlein placed on IR

RamRod

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I wouldn't call it "enormous". Few games are decided by three points.

That's assuming the new kicker doesn't miss multiple FG's, extra points, or have an attempt blocked/returned for a touchdown. This could potentially be a huge loss for the Rams. 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Arent most 63 yard attempts short?

Also i assume you aren't trying out Jason Myers lol

63 is right in his range and while yes these are long this one bounced so short it might not have been good from 53. It wasn't a very GZ like kick and most Rams fans were wondering how he missed it so badly.

12 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I wouldn't call it "enormous". Few games are decided by three points.

According to google, the most common margin of victory in the NFL is 3 points at 15%.  With 1 and 2 points at 3% each.  That 21% of games decided by 3 points or less, or 1 in 5.

There's also the possibility of multiple missed field goals and extra points.  Which isn't likely to happen, I agree, and losing your kicker isn't nearly as devastating as losing your QB,  but it's important enough that it could definitely play a factor in the postseason.

5 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

According to google, the most common margin of victory in the NFL is 3 points at 15%.  With 1 and 2 points at 3% each.  That 21% of games decided by 3 points or less, or 1 in 5.

There's also the possibility of multiple missed field goals and extra points.  Which isn't likely to happen, I agree, and losing your kicker isn't nearly as devastating as losing your QB,  but it's important enough that it could definitely play a factor in the postseason.

I mean, there's also a possibility he doesn't miss a single field goal. In general, I think the kicker position has one of the least drop offs of any position in the league, except for some exceptionally awful ones that opened  as starters in recent years. However, i think that speaks more towards confidence and streakiness being factors for kickers. It's a loss for sure, I was merely objecting to it being an enormous one. There are a about a dozen of Rams players whose absence I would consider worse.

Archived