49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested for a trade

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

‘In a good place’ doesn’t necessarily mean that a deal is done.  I wouldn’t be giving up much if I can’t get that contract signed as soon as he comes over.  

He's not going anywhere without a done deal, I'd imagine. 

But he's just going to re-sign with the niners and this drama will be for naught

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's not going anywhere without a done deal, I'd imagine. 

But he's just going to re-sign with the niners and this drama will be for naught

Pretty much that. He created this drama to get that extension.

10 hours ago, 49ers Finest said:

"Jerry Rice: I guess we will all find out tomorrow GOATS! Will he stay or leave! @brandonaiyuk"

Seems like we got the deal done. Im guessing we upped the initial offer and he saw the teams that had the money to pay him top dollar and wanted back. Probably 28-30 per year. 

More like the 49ers upped the initial offer because they saw their roster without Aiyuk. They determined acquiring a true X receiver of a comparable skill set as Aiyuk's would cost them more money and assets than simply extending Aiyuk. The annual begrudging caving from the front office now begins.

• Like 2

My take on this. Aiyuk technically will be "overpaid" by getting a top of the market deal. But the 49ers should give it to him anyways. They are in a SB window. I whiffed on Aiyuk's pre-draft evaluation, but he has become an incredibly refined explosive route runner, not much different than Davante Adams. I wouldn't be surprised if he ascends to a top 5 receiver in the next few years as he hits his prime. You can't let guys like that go.

Watching the SB, Deebo looked washed. He couldn't win consistently against good corners in man coverage. He's often injured. Ditto for Kittle, who is always banged up and also had an awful game. Clearly Pearsall was brought in post Chiefs game knowing that they need guys to get open. But you can't lose a player like Aiyuk, who can separate against nearly anyone consistently and say "we want to win a SB now". If there was any chance of doing this move, you do it before the draft. Doing it now would be incredibly foolish for the 49ers. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

My take on this. Aiyuk technically will be "overpaid" by getting a top of the market deal. But the 49ers should give it to him anyways. They are in a SB window. I whiffed on Aiyuk's pre-draft evaluation, but he has become an incredibly refined explosive route runner, not much different than Davante Adams. I wouldn't be surprised if he ascends to a top 5 receiver in the next few years as he hits his prime. You can't let guys like that go.

Watching the SB, Deebo looked washed. He couldn't win consistently against good corners in man coverage. He's often injured. Ditto for Kittle, who is always banged up and also had an awful game. Clearly Pearsall was brought in post Chiefs game knowing that they need guys to get open. But you can't lose a player like Aiyuk, who can separate against nearly anyone consistently and say "we want to win a SB now". If there was any chance of doing this move, you do it before the draft. Doing it now would be incredibly foolish for the 49ers. 

Wasnt Deebo hurting pretty badly in the SB?...I mean it backs your oft-inured remark but I think that affected his performance. 

34 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wasnt Deebo hurting pretty badly in the SB?...I mean it backs your oft-inured remark but I think that affected his performance. 

He probably was. His style of play also incurs injuries in fairness, even though he is a tank on the field.