49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested for a trade

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Oh I didn't know Lamar implied he'd skip a playoff game. Dude did not play around.

His knee thing was definitely weird. Harbaugh was super irritable, stopped answering questions about it and it was a thing that dragged on forever.  But he had a legit injury. Don't think he was faking that. Then he didn't come back because as was mentioned, he said he wasn't coming back until his knee was 100%...but I don't know if he was intentionally slow rolling his recovery or not. That's how we ended up with that game where tyler huntley started against the bengals in the playoffs and had the qb sneak fumble returned for like a 99 yard td lol. 

Why WOULDN'T Aiyuk hold out? There is a ton of money at stake and he could get injured or have a down year. There are no guarantees after this year. He can miss six games or so and then dog it the rest of the year if he wants and nobody of import will care. Assuming they want to extend him eventually, the 49ers are playing stupid games.

Edited by NudeTayne

1 hour ago, Forge said:

His knee thing was definitely weird. Harbaugh was super irritable, stopped answering questions about it and it was a thing that dragged on forever.  But he had a legit injury. Don't think he was faking that. Then he didn't come back because as was mentioned, he said he wasn't coming back until his knee was 100%...but I don't know if he was intentionally slow rolling his recovery or not. That's how we ended up with that game where tyler huntley started against the bengals in the playoffs and had the qb sneak fumble returned for like a 99 yard td lol. 

Lamar def slow rolled his recovery due to not wanting to mess up his payday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

It was a PCL tear, so that's why it was weird and the timeline was so unclear. Breshad Perriman suffered a partial PCL tear in day 1 of training camp his rookie year and he never came back that year*, even though everyone was constantly saying maybe a couple weeks. Harbaugh knew that he couldn't answer on timeline.

* Actually arguably he never came back. We're still trying to figure out to this day if he ever existed.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

lolz

I wouldn't do it. Man is going to be 32 years old this season. Just pay Aiyuk and let him be a long term piece of the puzzle for the team

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Soko said:

Lots of fans/NE media heads are against it, because NE’s not exactly knocking on any doors for a SB at the moment. Adding a 26 year old, soon to be $30M/year WR to this core doesn’t change that at the moment, so most people want to keep the re-build on track. I’m fine with that option.

But it’s hard not to look at the young QBs in this league and not think that, at some point, they developed with at least one really good passing option. Mahomes with Hill/Kelce, Burrow with Chase/Higgins, Herbert with Allen, Lamar with Andrews, Allen with Diggs, Hurts with Smith/AJB, Goff with Kupp, Stafford with Megatron, Rodgers with a bunch of guys. Even to a lesser extent, Tua with Hill/Waddle, Murray with Hopkins, Baker having his best year with Evans/Godwin, early Deshaun with Nuk, even Geno with DK/Lock. Really the only even decent QB without a really good receiving option was Herbert, and that depends on how you view Christian Kirk (I’d say he’s a good player but clearly below list of the guys mentioned above).  It’s hard to discount the recent history of value that those types of players appear to bring in terms of helping QBs develop. 

So even if Aiyuk doesn’t bring a championship expectation into the picture, if it helps Maye develop, then it’s hard to be upset at a FRP, IMO. I’m cool with the interest, as long as it’s capped at just one first rounder or so. Would probably cost another receiving option, too. But I doubt that gets it done for SF.

The 30 million shouldn't even factor.....a #1 WR is an absolute must for Maye, to your point about other young QBs who have had success.

The FRP is fascinating....there is a solid chance the Patriots are in the 5-10 range, which is a few injuries away from being top 5....but I'd still consider it

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't do it. Man is going to be 32 years old this season. Just pay Aiyuk and let him be a long term piece of the puzzle for the team

Let's say that Aiyuk and the Niners were to come to an agreement today. What do you think the numbers would look like based off of contemporary contracts?

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Let's say that Aiyuk and the Niners were to come to an agreement today. What do you think the numbers would look like based off of contemporary contracts?

ARSB's deal. Maybe a tick under

On 7/16/2024 at 10:55 AM, aceinthehouse said:

I hope we get him, but I don't want to trade our 1st.

I agree with you Forge.

Washington probably doesn't want a part with a 1st....

Niners don't want to trade an intergal part of their Offense for nothing.....

So I can easily see us trading a Dotson or some player & picks for Aiyuk.

Specially, a player who was drafted from Rivera & previous staff members/coaches.

(Although I want to keep Dotson)

There's also been talk & speculation on a 3-team possible trade involving Aiyuk. I think one mentioned Denver.

Either way, should get pretty interesting.

Me personally?  What would I do & offer as. GM?

I would offer CB Emmanuel Forbes(1st Rd pick #16 in 2023) and Rivera drafted regime.

A 3rd Rd pick in 25' & 5th Rd pick in 25'.

That would be my offer.

Hopefully, Peters (GM-Commanders) does better than that on what resources we give up.

Yeah, I have to assume the Lil Shanny has some stroke with Lynch in terms of specific guys on his offense being tradeable assets and under what circumstances.  Just spitballing, but I'm not sure I could see the Kyle Stamp of Approval being given on an Aiyuk trade unless the return was a tangible asset that strengthened a different cog in the offense which may have been a concern (which finding that right now isn't easy).  Otherwise, Deebo's continued ability to get nicked up and miss time for injury would be enough of a cautionary preventative to cast enough shadow on how movable Aiyuk is - until another WR capable of playing that role in the offense at similar capacity had presented himself.  Some of Aiyuk's touches, route-concepts, etc. - in a vacuum - could be give to C-Mac, but if you're mitigating risk a Deebo injury still has the exact same potential to hamstring the efficacy of the offense (would still be good, but the ceiling lowers).

If a package came across that clearly upgraded the RT position from Colton McKivitz for the Niners... in Kyle's scheme, allowing them to deploy McCaffrey on the flank for crossing routes, bubble screens, and even as a decoy to draw defenses off one of the other RB's to charge the opposite outside-zone, I could maybe see Kyle signing off on it as a package (there would still be the expectation of a higher mid-round pick additionally as part of the package).

The problem is, that's the archetype of player that teams with young QB's are really reluctant to part with unless they are similarly at a contract-stalemate with them, too.