Trent Williams holding out

Forge

There were grumblings a couple of months ago. 

I imagine that this one is going to go through quickly....probably just a small move and then guaranteeing some money this year and next feels like it will get it done. 

Dude saw what Hunt got and said, I'm worth double" lol

Really though, SF will likely knock this out quickly. They have enough tied up into studs around the team to distribute the ball to and have a starting QB making pennies, they'll protect that investment. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jakuvious said:

He's 36, he's still 3rd in AAV, and he's 2nd in cash paid out this year, for LTs. What is he unhappy about, exactly?

I’ve been here before, but last time, he was able to hide behind “but Danny Boy……” Despite Snyder letting him use his private jet for treatments.  One of the few things that Snyder actually did right.  

14 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’ve been here before, but last time, he was able to hide behind “but Danny Boy……” Despite Snyder letting him use his private jet for treatments.  One of the few things that Snyder actually did right.  

Snyder gets a bad rap. Snyder was a real one. He was a rap video in full life. The goat owner. Spent money and did whatever it took means necessary. Sadly for him he wasn’t around the right people.

imagine if he had kept those coaches. 

33 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

He's 36, he's still 3rd in AAV, and he's 2nd in cash paid out this year, for LTs. What is he unhappy about, exactly?

$34MM cap hit on no guaranteed money next year and the 9ers are really tight on their long term cap. I'm gonna guess the total goes up nominally but they guarantee enough to make cutting him next year a pain.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I think he's like 5th in aav now for all tackles. 

Sewell, Darrisaw, tunsil, Andrew Thomas

He's still has big support as the best tackle in the game and has no guaranteed money left. 

I'd hold out too. 

Hell, CMC was still the highest paid running back and held out before training camp to get a new deal.

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

$34MM cap hit on no guaranteed money next year and the 9ers are really tight on their long term cap. I'm gonna guess the total goes up nominally but they guarantee enough to make cutting him next year a pain.

This was exactly my thought

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I wonder this all the time too, but Williams has also earned 168m in his career according to Sportrac. Dude could be the lowest paid tackle in the NFL and still have no need for more money.

I understand players enjoy status, but you think at some point the competitive nature to want to win would win out and they'd just be like "throw me a couple mil and spend the rest on improving the rest of the team". But I'm not sure how many players in major sports history have ever done that.

Instead dudes who could live luxurious lives just off the interest their career earnings brings in still want to take up as much of the cap as they can. At least with guys like Williams his play matches the contract he's demanding.

25 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I wonder this all the time too, but Williams has also earned 168m in his career according to Sportrac. Dude could be the lowest paid tackle in the NFL and still have no need for more money.

I understand players enjoy status, but you think at some point the competitive nature to want to win would win out and they'd just be like "throw me a couple mil and spend the rest on improving the rest of the team". But I'm not sure how many players in major sports history have ever done that.

Instead dudes who could live luxurious lives just off the interest their career earnings brings in still want to take up as much of the cap as they can. At least with guys like Williams his play matches the contract he's demanding.

He knows they won’t win. Even if they get they’re they’ll choke. It’s his last pay day and it’s well deserved. After what he went thru. He’s the most valuable piece in that offense/Oline besides Purdy. 

He’s just trying to wring that towel dry as a 36 year old still playing at an elite level who probably doesn’t see another contract. And they’ll pay him something more than he currently is getting, so it’s not a bad thing for either side.