How Are Those Rookies Doing?

Chiefer

17 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

so the rams kept every single draft pick plus 5 udfas made the 53.
i guess it's a pretty ok class for them.

The Rams have drafted so well in the last few years, even with mostly no early picks. Very impressive 

Zak Zinter and UDFA Javion Cohen could be the heirs to replace Bitonio and Teller.

If you go off of franchise history, those 2 will probably be our most impactful rookies long term.

Jamari Thrash could become very solid.

The Steelers kept all of their rookie class although 6/195 CB Ryan Watts was IR'ed.

2.51 Frazer will be the starting center.

1.20 Fautanu and 3.84 Roman Wilson had injury problems but I expect them to be playing if not starting by mid year.

3.98 Payton Wilson will be in the rotation at ILB.

4.119 Mason McCormick is the backup center and backup at both OGs.  i expect him to be starting next season.

Finally, I will be surprised if 6.178 Logan Lee get a helmet week to week.

• Like 1

1) Xavier Worthy - Looks good so far. Got speed, decent chemistry with Pat. 3rd or 4th option to start, he’s already stretching defense vertically 

2) Kingsley SuaMataia - how did this guy fall so late? Has started since pads came on and hasn’t really looked back. Lots of confidence, good mindset, really athletic, strong

4a) Jaden Hicks - looks like a future Justin Reid replacement

4b) Jared Wiley - overhyped 3rd TE

5) CJ Nourzad - possible future starter

6a) CJ Hanson - made the team 

6b) Kamal Hadden - Did not make the team, likely PS

UDFA - Carson Steele FB - this is the guy I’m most hyped about, he single-handedly brought back the FB position back to KC which I thought had gone the way of the dinosaur, it’s awesome. 

• Like 1

Every Raider draft pick made the 53, however S Trey Taylor will land on IR it sounds like. LB Tommy Eichenberg is hurt and may land there too.

Bowers is going to be a god, JPJ was hurt for a ton of camp and the preseason, so although he has the talent to start, I think he'll be brought along slowly.

Bills

Round 2: WR Keon Coleman. Will start at X and see some slot work.

Round 2: S Cole Bishop battled an injury most of the summer. Will be 3rd-4th on depth chart to start.

Round 3: DT DeWayne Carter is the Bills 4th DT. 

Round 4: RB Ray Davis. Cemented himself as the RB2

Round 5: OC Sedrick Van Pran. Is the Bills back up Center. Possibly inactive on gamedays though because Alec Anderson plays both Guard and C.

Round 5: LB Edefuan Ulofoshio. Earned a place on the 53 for now

Round 5: DE Javon Solomon. Made the 53 and is the teams 5th DE. Looks very promising.

Round 6: OT Tylan Grable. Had a great camp and pre season. Could see some starts this season if Spencer Brown struggles.

Round 6: CB Daequan Hardy. Was cut yesterday. May go on the PS if he clears? 

Round 7: OL Travis Clayton. Was put on season ending IR yesterday. He's an international project. 

For the 49ers, they kept all their draft picks, minus 6th round OL Jarrett Kingston.

Honestly, this might be one of our better early-results draft classes we've had in a while. Shanahan typically doesn't like playing rookies, but we already have 1 starter and a handful of guys who earned serious rotational snaps out of the gate. If Pearsall hits, this class could really set the next iteration of this team up moving forward. 

Ricky Pearsall, WR - Started training camp out with a bang, but has been bothered by two separate injuries basically the entire training camp/pre-season. He didn't get IR'd to start the season, which was a surprise. His role seems to be a receiver that will move around the formation and punt returning, at some point. 

Renardo Green, CB - He pretty much hit the ground running and has practiced as both an outside and nickel corner. He's played well and will definitely be playing meaningful snaps this season. Feels like a Lenoir clone in his play style and aggressiveness. I'd wager he's a starter by next season

Dominick Puni, RG - He came in as 3rd string guy but with some injury luck and being a really, really good pass blocker, he's now our starting RG and I'd say just about everyone feels pretty good about this. He looks like he's going to hold down the starting RG spot for the foreseeable future. 

Malik Mustapha, S - He looks exactly like he did in college, a heat-seaking missle with good tackling skills and developing coverage skills. He's going to be a freight train on special teams coverage and could play some meaningful snaps. Should be a meaningful contributor on defense as soon as next season. 

Isaac Guerendo, RB - This feels lazy, but he looks like Mostert 2.0. Effortlessly glides at top speed. He's our KR and could be an impact returner. His speed and power are pretty unreal. With that said, he has hamstring issues and will probably be no stranger to the IR. 

Jacob Cowing, WR - He was banged up late training camp/early pre-season, but once he got back on the field, he's been a highlight reel. His speed is top-notch, routes are crisp, and hands are good. I anticipate him being our depth slot guy to start. Probably won't catch a ton of balls this year unless injuries or Aiyuk situation. He also won the PR job, too. 

Jarrett Kingston, C/G - Didn't make the team, and honestly, a lot of people were surprised. He played really well in pre-season. He played a ton of snaps and allowed less than 5 pressures and no sacks. He seems like a priority to get back in the building through the PS. Super athletic guy with some real skills. I'd be upset if he got poached. 

Tatum Bethune, LB - Kind of a surprise he made the roster. His run defense and tackling are very good, but he's pretty raw in coverage. At best, he's a ST'er that might get to play some defense snaps late in games or injury fill in. He might be something down the line, but right now he's just depth. 

17 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Jarrett Kingston, C/G - Didn't make the team, and honestly, a lot of people were surprised. He played really well in pre-season. He played a ton of snaps and allowed less than 5 pressures and no sacks. He seems like a priority to get back in the building through the PS. Super athletic guy with some real skills. I'd be upset if he got poached. 

He gone. Carolina claimed him

1 minute ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

rams picked up cody schrader from the niners.
his numbers look like he is a copycat of kyren williams. and ronnie rivers. and blake corum.

He's awful

On 8/28/2024 at 9:19 AM, Chiefer said:

1) Xavier Worthy - Looks good so far. Got speed, decent chemistry with Pat. 3rd or 4th option to start, he’s already stretching defense vertically 

2) Kingsley SuaMataia - how did this guy fall so late? Has started since pads came on and hasn’t really looked back. Lots of confidence, good mindset, really athletic, strong