Bucs Extend OT Tristan Wirfs 5/$140.63M

chiefs82

Wish the Raiders picked him over Ruggs and then would have gotten Jefferson. Then the next year no Leatherwood and....God we wasted a lot of picks. lol

Great player and good for the Bucs for keeping him. 

I was thinking the Raiders need to give Miller the Decker deal before...Never mind prices at QB levels now. lol Well at least at our QB's levels. 

Edited by G
  • Like 1

I remember some scouts/teams thought he'd have to play guard or RT only. He's no doubt turned out to be the best Tackle in his draft class that had Thomas, Willis, and Becton picked before him. Bucs were lucky the cards landed the way they did.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, indifference said:

I remember some scouts/teams thought he'd have to play guard or RT only. He's no doubt turned out to be the best Tackle in his draft class that had Thomas, Willis, and Becton picked before him. Bucs were lucky the cards landed the way they did.

Thomas has came into his own, so he's no slouch...but yeah, Wirfs is clearly the best of the bunch. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, D82 said:

Thomas has came into his own, so he's no slouch...but yeah, Wirfs is clearly the best of the bunch. 

Yea Thomas is really good now but it just took him some time to adjust I suppose.      During the lead-up to the draft and after people were surprised the Bucs picked Wirfs and felt they should have gone with Becton.  Wirfs is also going through some of that now that he moved to the left side.  I think this past year was on the lower end / floor of what he's shown.  He struggled a bit with the switch to LT.

15 hours ago, indifference said:

I still think he is the best RT in football and far from the best LT.  Of course, he likely only improves from here.

• Like 1

Great for him, easily one of the top two young OL in the NFL, the other one being Penei Sewell.  

Crazy thing is he fell to the 13th pick overall.  Think if the Giants got him at #4 which I thought should have happened, or if the Browns took Wirfs over Wills or more importantly the Jets take Wirfs over Becton.

One could also argue, without Wirfs on that OL for the Bucs, they never would have won the Super Bowl, the kid was damn good from the get go and greatly improved that offensive line.  What an amazing athlete he is for a massive man.  

On 8/1/2024 at 9:16 AM, Danger said:

Sticks him as 2nd in AAV ahead of Darrisaw, behind Penei Sewell.

Didn't realize that OT money was approaching 30 Million as well.

Trent Williams next?

On 8/2/2024 at 9:14 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Dude got a ring and got paid. Good for him!

He’s going to have a career that everyone wants, but few have.  He’s got the ring, and he’s now got more money than he’ll ever know what to do with.  Now, it’s just staying motivated to continue to be at the top of his game.  

• Like 2