Week 1 @ Philadelphia Eagles in Brazil Leadup and Countdown

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Tough test for a team that has had some notorious slow starts to the season under LaFleur. Last year that wasn't the case against Chicago and we came out ready. 

All in all we actually are 3-2 week 1 under LaFleur, and all of those games have been on the road, which btw I think it's about time Murphy or the next CEO here make a big stink about that to the league and demand a week 1 home game in 2025.

But yeah, not all week 1 starts have been bad, just the 2021 and 2022 openers.  And 2021 was the highly unusual circumstance with the game getting rerouted to Jacksonville last minute and all and in that nasty 100 plus degree weather.  It's a little unusual in this one too yes, but we've had pretty ample time to get the prep plan together.

• Like 1

Little over 10 days now

One other thing I do wonder about with this game is how often and in which situations LaFleur might take a 4th down gamble in opponents territory.

Even if we somehow opted to go in a different direction than both Carlson or Joseph, I still get a feeling our kicking would be a stink show.  You probably don't want to go all Dan Campbell and potentially lose out on easy points, but at the same time with the kickers currently here, you wonder if they are easy points.

18 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Little over 10 days now

One other thing I do wonder about with this game is how often and in which situations LaFleur might take a 4th down gamble in opponents territory.

Even if we somehow opted to go in a different direction than both Carlson or Joseph, I still get a feeling our kicking would be a stink show.  You probably don't want to go all Dan Campbell and potentially lose out on easy points, but at the same time with the kickers currently here, you wonder if they are easy points.

I wonder if the extra point is considered an easy point with Joseph. Games come down to kickers far too often. I don't like our chances when we trot Joseph out in those situations. He's proven to be a choker. 

Last week MLF alluded to the idea our kicker might not be on the team. Today we find out if that was true. Patterson and Ryland are two guys I would not mind. 

On 8/25/2024 at 6:24 PM, Old Guy said:

I like the fact that Kellen Moore is the OC. He has an aversion to running the football

While that is actually a concern for most Eagle Fans, We/NFL simply don't know yet what this offense is going to look like? Is it Moore's, Sirianni's, some chimera of both?

Given GB's rush defense last year. I'd be shocked if we weren't pounding the rock this entire game. 

Only way that doesn't occur IMO is a Dallas playoff game type start for the Packers. Which given our defense last is possible.  lol

One thing Kellen loves to do is feed RB' via the pass. Expect a heavy dose of Saquon (20+ touches) either way.

Nothing like having a "Home Game" 4000 miles away. 👌

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

James Bradberry out for the Packers game.    He's a good CB.    Nice news for our WR's

I'm pretty sure this was sarcastic?

It's good news for the Eagles defense he's not facing your Wr's. Even as a Safety. 😎

That said, Injuries always suck!!!