2024 WEEK 1 | vs Cheeseheads in Brazil

Kiltman

Time is here, week 1 and we get to play a fellow NFC contender home...on the road thousands of miles away.

Águias vs Cabeças de Queijo

The NFL knew the power of Eagles fans and Packers fans couldn't  happen in a stateside primetime game, so they needed to move it somewhere safer I suppose.

Jalen Hurts vs The 3rd franchise QB they backed into
Saquon vs Josh "why not just keep Aaron Jones" Jacobs
AJ/DeVonta vs Watson/others

and more!

Two of the youngest teams in the NFL square off in a huge game that will almost assuredly come into play late in the season.
Green Bay Packers lead series 28-18-0, Eagles won the last matchup in 2022.
But more importantly FF.com's two historically best team forums get to come together again.

GAMETIME - 8:15, Friday September 6th on Peacock (locally on NBC)

UNIFORMS

doivnx5gxalpe1q4a1j0

GettyImages-1415997874.a05b542e.jpeg

No matter who wins, thousands and thousands of livers are taking a hit.

• Like 6

This is a really interesting game.
A lot of people only remember the Eagles' second half last year.

Can the new coordinators bring back the magic from 2022?
Will there still be an adjustment period?
Will the absence of Kelce and Cox hurt and if so, how much?

On the flip side people are talking about Jordan Love like Joe Montana.
He's not.  Well, not yet.
Can the Eagles bring some of his hype back to Earth?

I am not one to call for blowouts, but I think the Eagles veterans will take it too the Packers.
These are both relatively young teams, however, Philly won't be relying on a lot of that youth outside of Quinyon Mitchell.
So, I'll call it now due to it being so early in the season, Eagles by 10.
I think it would be a much closer game later in the season, particularly in the playoffs, all things being the same.

Let's just hope we can see it through the smoke.
I don't want another Fog Bowl.

• Like 1

It's hard to get a read on this game because a lot is largely unknown.  The Eagles were so bad to close out the season and the Packers were one of the best teams in the NFL down the stretch(especially the offense) and their defense should be improved.  Will also be the 1st time really seeing the Eagles new scheme.  Could be some growing pains.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

It's hard to get a read on this game because a lot is largely unknown.  The Eagles were so bad to close out the season and the Packers were one of the best teams in the NFL down the stretch(especially the offense) and their defense should be improved.  Will also be the 1st time really seeing the Eagles new scheme.  Could be some growing pains.

Yeah, they have two new coordinators again. Hurts had to learn a new scheme this off-season. Kelce, Cox and Reddick are all not with the team any longer. Zach Baun is playing ILB for the first time and Quinyon is learning to play nickel as a rookie. Becton is playing guard for the first time in the NFL and perhaps the first time in his entire football career (I would have to look that. They need Huff to play at a high level while playing more snaps than he did with the Jets. up). On top of that, they are coming off of meltdown in which they lost 6 of their last 7 games and looked completely dysfunctional. There are plenty of questions and we should get some answers in this game. Ideally, we get positive answers to at least some of our worries. Hopefully, they put last year out of their heads and are mentally ready to go because I think with the right offensive scheme they can be dominant on that side of the ball.

4 hours ago, DeJack_10 said:

This is probably the most unpredictable game of the schedule. Key to this game is how prepared the offense is.

Week 1 is unpredictable for every matchup. There's always a sense of "Unknown" from the previous season.

I actually think the Key to the game is the opposite,  Defense! 

If we remotely play like last year, can't tackle, can't cover, can't get pressure. A Dallas Playoff debacle type start 21-0 could completely destroy any potential offensive game plan we might have designed. 

If Love is sitting there picking this secondary apart at will, it could be a very long day. We better get pressure early and often. Force some punts. We can't allow them to score every drive "hoping" , we can match or exceed on every one of our drives.

The fact the Eagles have so many Unknowns I honestly believe is an advantage,  not the other way around. 

GB literally has no idea what's coming because everything is for intents and purpose is new! Kellen, Vic, Personnel.  

Edited by Nabbs4u

19 hours ago, DeJack_10 said:

This is probably the most unpredictable game of the schedule. Key to this game is how prepared the offense is.

week 1 is always unpredictable. We might get curb stomped, then win 12 in a row. We might blow them out, then lose 3 or 4. Week 1 rarely a good indicator of who a team actually is, imo.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

week 1 is always unpredictable. We might get curb stomped, then win 12 in a row. We might blow them out, then lose 3 or 4. Week 1 rarely a good indicator of who a team actually is, imo.

This, so much this!!!

While a Win would absolutely be ideal. It means absolutely nothing in the long run so long as the next 16 games go as accordingly. 

Aka also known as the 2023 KC Chiefs!

Edited by Nabbs4u

10 hours ago, Jeezla said:

You guys actually play your starters at all in preseason? Packers got one drive with like 3 plays before a TD and then never saw the field again while the defense I think played a drive or two. I agree wholeheartedly although this game might be important by end of year it really isn't going to show up about who these teams are outside of how easily they can knock the rust off.