Opening Night GDT 9/5: Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs

Chiefer

I would love for the Ravens offense this year to be based primarily around 2 TE 2 WR 1 RB sets and just abuse defenses with those mismatches. If teams wanna go nickel to try to defend Likely/Andrews we run with Henry and Lamar. If teams want to go big, we use PA to get the TE's open in space.

Ultimately for this game I just want to see the Ravens stick to running the ball and controlling the game on the ground.

On 9/2/2024 at 10:24 AM, Chiefer said:

3 Days away I couldn’t wait anymore, Laboring away on Labor Day. 

Are you ready for some football??!

Chiefs vs Ravens, will The Ravens run the ball? Derrick Henry and Lamar are quite the 1-2 punch

It will be interesting to see how much Henry has left in the tank.

does the Chiefs offense look better switching out MVS for Xavier Worthy? No Toney moving forward is a net positive honestly. 

Huge yes on both counts.

IIRC the big question mark for the Ravens is their OL. 

I can see this game going either way, but I think the KC "dynasty" continues......

Baltimore, if I have this right, retained Stanley and Linder. Their two best. Probably the two most important positions on the line, although there is that argument that the OL is only as strong as it’s weakest link. But I think they’ll be fine. They always seem to punch holes

10 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would love for the Ravens offense this year to be based primarily around 2 TE 2 WR 1 RB sets and just abuse defenses with those mismatches. If teams wanna go nickel to try to defend Likely/Andrews we run with Henry and Lamar. If teams want to go big, we use PA to get the TE's open in space.

Ultimately for this game I just want to see the Ravens stick to running the ball and controlling the game on the ground.

Seen it before at Georgia, and it was effective.  

Really think we’re going to see big things from Monken in his second year.  

10 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

"Lamar is a RB!" has to be the most tired joke in football at this point.

It's up there but never forget 32 NFL teams passed on lamar jackson. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MWil23 said:

So, do what they always do then?

We've normally been a 2 WR 1 TE 2 RB team or last year we ran a lot of 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB once Andrews went down. We don't have the personnel to run 3 WR's consistently this year but we do have the ability to flex the TE's around the field and in the slot moreso than previous years now that Likely and Andrews are healthy and established in our system.

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Seen it before at Georgia, and it was effective.  

Really think we’re going to see big things from Monken in his second year.  

I do too. And add in that Lamar has slimmed down and gained his agility/speed back, it should be a fun year.