Packers do NOT place QB Jordan Love on IR; To start QB Malik Willis

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I was busy watching the Panthers get obliterated so feel free to correct me if I am mistaken, but the game seemed more like a brilliant gameplan from LeFleur than it did Malik Willis playing at a high level

9 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Malik Willis currently has more TDs than Caleb Williams 

They both have 1. Nevermind, could have swore Caleb had a rushing td in week 1.

Edited by Jeezla

9 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I was busy watching the Panthers get obliterated so feel free to correct me if I am mistaken, but the game seemed more like a brilliant gameplan from LeFleur than it did Malik Willis playing at a high level

LeFleur even deployed the tactical vomit 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Yes but he did make a number of key plays on 3rd down when needed and did not make a mistake. The Packers were clearly protecting him whether that is because he has only been with the team 3 weeks or not but when called upon he was pretty damn good. 

On 9/16/2024 at 12:20 AM, iknowcool said:

Willis didn't play at a high level.  All he had to do was not screw up.  MLF had a great gameplan.  I hope he does it 2 weeks in a row...

I feel like the Titans will be okay if they lose to Malik Willis since the Titans basic perspective is "we need to figure out who the QB of the Future is" so this season is about "is that guy Will Levis (Y/N)?" and having Willis around doesn't help you figure that out.  Whereas the Packers just want a backup QB who can win a couple of games when Love is unavailable, for which his habit of "tuck it and run if the first read isn't open" is just fine.  That's something that does help you win football games, but doesn't help you evaluate quarterbacks.

18 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like the Titans will be okay if they lose to Malik Willis since the Titans basic perspective is "we need to figure out who the QB of the Future is" so this season is about "is that guy Will Levis (Y/N)?" and having Willis around doesn't help you figure that out. Whereas the Packers just want a backup QB who can win a couple of games when Love is unavailable, for which his habit of "tuck it and run if the first read isn't open" is just fine.  That's something that does help you win football games, but doesn't help you evaluate quarterbacks.

Luckily Titans fans are well known for their calm and reasonable takes.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2024 at 11:20 PM, iknowcool said:

MLF called an absolute gem and deserves credit. 

Willis executed those play calls really well. Lotta motion and options going on and he played mistake free football. That's impressive and relatively rare in the league regardless of the game plan. 

Willis isn't Mahomes, but he managed that game beautifully.