Week 2: Colts at Packers - The Malik Willis Show

packfanfb

4 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Great win, but still don't know how to feel about the Defense. It was better, but Richardson wasn't good. Couple drops as well. Pass rush still a bit disappointing. Where's Gary/Clark/Preston man? Wyatt at least showed out today. I don't think Enagbare deserves the snaps he's getting either tbf. Quay still inconsistent as ever. Still optimistic it just needs to gel together still, but need these guys up front to be better.

Lots of room for improvement but also lots of things to be encouraged about.

-Coop showed out

-Valentine took over for Stokes and played great

-Two picks

-Wyatt looked the part and had a couple of big plays

-X is the man

Arsenal win the North London Derby and the Packers win at Lambeau Field with Willis at QB.

Today has been a good day. 😎

I really like the look of Jacobs at the moment. He has a nice wiggle as he finds holes. It's a different kind of wiggle to Jones. Jones tends to spin as he bounces of tackles whereas Jacobs has a better sideways step.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

+ Probably the best game LaFleur has called overall.  He established the run early and often and kept Malik Willis from losing the game.
+ Josh Jacobs outside of the goal line fumble was strong.  Really need to focus on ball security.  Two fumbles in two games is too much for a guy who is a top 5 paid RB.
+ OL outside of the handful of penalties early in the game played well.  Some big gaps in the run game and offered enough in pass protection that when Willis threw the ball he had enough time.
+ Defense played okay, but Anthony Richardson is all kinds of awful.

At least we got to see a young QB STRUGGLE vs the Packers defense again. Forgot what that looked like.

I'm sorry but the defense was great today.  Game plan is not to rush the passer but rather to make him throw and limit the scambles.  Executed to perfection.  Quay catches that INT and it seems way better.  Still, he had the toughest assignment spying richardson on a lot of those plays.

2 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Great win, but still don't know how to feel about the Defense. It was better, but Richardson wasn't good. Couple drops as well. Pass rush still a bit disappointing. Where's Gary/Clark/Preston man? Wyatt at least showed out today. I don't think Enagbare deserves the snaps he's getting either tbf. Quay still inconsistent as ever. Still optimistic it just needs to gel together still, but need these guys up front to be better.

This was the 2nd game in a row that the QB is a very elusive, running type.  It was just as important to contain him by the DL .. his passing accuracy isn't quite up to snuff yet.  They did fine .. they did what they were supposed to by the game plan.  Wait for the game where the QB doesn't move well and they will show their mettle!!

9 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

This was the 2nd game in a row that the QB is a very elusive, running type.  It was just as important to contain him by the DL .. his passing accuracy isn't quite up to snuff yet.  They did fine .. they did what they were supposed to by the game plan.  Wait for the game where the QB doesn't move well and they will show their mettle!!

Levis can move, we get Darnold and Stanford after that but hope Haf shows we can mix it up. The one thing I was excited about with Willis is he would have been a good scout team QB for the first 3 weeks. Little did I know. 

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

Levis can move, we get Darnold and Stanford after that but hope Haf shows we can mix it up. The one thing I was excited about with Willis is he would have been a good scout team QB for the first 3 weeks. Little did I know. 

Those 3 can't move any where near what the Packers have just faced the past 2 games .. not even close.  One game at a time and I'm thinking the Packers DL is really looking forward to this next game.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

I'm sorry but the defense was great today.  Game plan is not to rush the passer but rather to make him throw and limit the scambles.  Executed to perfection.  Quay catches that INT and it seems way better.  Still, he had the toughest assignment spying richardson on a lot of those plays.

I mean, expecting the opposing QB to throw 3 INTs and fumble the ball twice seems unrealistic at best.  I mean, credit on Hafley and the defense for forcing Anthony Richardson to win with his arm.