Week 2 GDT: Raiders (0-1) @ Ravens (0-1)

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaiiiiiiddddddeeeeerrrrrsssssss
    • Obviously the Ravens. Why even make a poll?
    • I just hope everyone has fun

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Watch the Raiders somehow win this week, and then lose to the Panthers lol

If we lose to Carolina, scrap the staff and release like 90% of the roster before leaving the arena and replace them with whoever from the Vegas Knight Hawks. 

Dead serious. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Watch the Raiders somehow win this week, and then lose to the Panthers lol

That’s the NFL for you. Almost everyone had the Bengals and Falcons beating the Patriots and Steelers 

We will see more of that next week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Outside 2 big runs, they were solid. Giving them a pass for now given the offense kept them on the field to often. 

That’s imo what’s going to happen vs balt at least we got a couple more bodies to add to the rotation. Offense gotta do more

• Like 1

Agreed.  Defense was fine last week.  Not their fault the offense put them in bad spots and kept them on the field to long.

This team has done a 180 in the last 2 years. 

It used to be crossing your fingers that the defense could just come up with a stop or two each game so we could win 34-30. 

Now we need the offense to come up with a few scores to win 21-20.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, true2form said:

Agreed.  Defense was fine last week.  Not their fault the offense put them in bad spots and kept them on the field to long.

This team has done a 180 in the last 2 years. 

It used to be crossing your fingers that the defense could just come up with a stop or two each game so we could win 34-30. 

Now we need the offense to come up with a few scores to win 21-20.  

The offense started to sputter mid-to late 2022 season while the defense started to turn the corner in mid to late 2022. Unreal how they literally switch spots lol

However, I don’t think the offense is far away from at least being above average. Once JPJ is healthy things could get interesting 

On 9/11/2024 at 8:05 AM, RaiderX said:

The run defense was awful in LA and I expect the same in Baltimore.

Not sure I agree with this, I thought generally they were pretty good, and especially good in the first half but as the offence kept giving them the ball back by law of averages they’re bound to give up a play or two. They had a couple big plays but I wouldn’t say they moved the ball that easily on us, and we limited them to FGs several times when they were given short fields. By the end the D had just been in the field too much and the Chargers just had too many opportunities imho.

• Like 1

I think we will lose this one 23-17, but we are going stomp out CAR and beat CLE in back to back weeks to right the ship.

Too many things going against us this week, but I suppose stranger things have happened. What gives me some hope is that their OL doesn't look good and our DL can potentially wreck the game that way.

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Not sure I agree with this, I thought generally they were pretty good, and especially good in the first half but as the offence kept giving them the ball back by law of averages they’re bound to give up a play or two. They had a couple big plays but I wouldn’t say they moved the ball that easily on us, and we limited them to FGs several times when they were given short fields. By the end the D had just been in the field too much and the Chargers just had too many opportunities imho.

It's nuanced for me.

The run D from the DL was pretty rock solid. They're not stopping guys from breaking past the LOS 100% of the time, nor is anyone. Zero complaints about the DL for last week from me. 

However...once a guy gets past our DL, the run defense goes in the crapper. We basically either stop a guy in the backfield or in a scrum at/near the LOS, or they're getting 10+ yards downfield in a jiffy. 

In tight games, if we can't keep every run that gets past the DL from turning into chunk plays, we're screwed, and you can't expect even the best DL to keep every run behind or within 2-3 yards of the line. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Take out the TD run and the 2 long runs, they averaged < 3 YPC.

Deablo was responsible for the TD and whiffing on one big run. Moehrig gave the olé on the other long run with a pathetic tackle attempt. Weak links showing up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

This plus our dl was extra thin. 3/4th qtr I knew what would happen. 

• Like 1