2024 MLB Playoffs Thread

naptownskinsfan

22 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Is Jake Cousins good to go? Would have liked to see him take the 9th. I don't like overexposing Weaver. We need to not use him until Friday.

With a four run lead....I think using Weaver was overkill...especially since he'd thrown 24 pitches the night before and Cleveland wasnt exactly peppering the ball.

35 minutes ago, Leader said:

With a four run lead....I think using Weaver was overkill...especially since he'd thrown 24 pitches the night before and Cleveland wasnt exactly peppering the ball.

It was the top of the order, but yeah, I agree. Would have liked to see Hamilton or Cousins in there.

Ideally, Cole could have given you at least the full 5th, then you go Holmes, Hill, and Kahnle for the close.

6 hours ago, minutemancl said:

It was the top of the order, but yeah, I agree. Would have liked to see Hamilton or Cousins in there.

Ideally, Cole could have given you at least the full 5th, then you go Holmes, Hill, and Kahnle for the close.

I'm fine with using Weaver before the day off. Can't get cute in the ALCS.

Guardians pulled it out, but they aren't going to win if Clase doesn't figure it out. He looks shot, as does Gaddis this postseason. The usage may have caught up with them.

10 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Guardians pulled it out, but they aren't going to win if Clase doesn't figure it out. He looks shot, as does Gaddis this postseason. The usage may have caught up with them.

We're definitely not winning. Yankees just have too much talent compared to us. I'm just glad we avoided the sweep.

Im just going to say this. I hate the Yankees. Even when I stomach enough to root for them to win bc I had a bet on them they found a way to screw it up. How do you blow a 2 run lead with nobody on and one out left to get? Its not like they was playing the Dodgers loaded lineup. They was playing the Guardians lineup. 

Now I do feel like the Yankees will still win this series but like come on. They shouldve finished this game off with a win and let the Guardians off the hook. Credit the Guardians though with some clutch hitting. Thats what it takes in the postseason.