BDL 2024 Week 4: Cwmfelinfach Ptrash Pterodactyls @ Greenland Polar Bears

RedGold

Who wins?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cwmfelinfach Ptrash Pterodactyls
    • Greenland Polar Bears

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2024 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2024 Week  4

Match:  Cwmfelinfach Ptrash Pterodactyls @ Greenland Polar Bears

Away Owner:    @TL-TwoWinsAway

Home Owner:    @Pickle Rick

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Cwmfelinfach

QB Jayden Daniels
RB Bijan Robinson
RB Ty Chandler
WR Tyreek Hill
WR Ladd McConkey
TE George Kittle
LT Paris Johnson
LG Peter Skoronski
C John Michael Schmitz
RG Brandon Scherff
RT Dillon Radunz

QB Kyler Murray
RB Tank Bigsby
WR Tee Higgins
WR Jameson Williams
WR Alec Pierce
TE Mike Gesicki
OG Laken Tomlinson
OC Robert Hainsey

DE DeMarcus Lawrence
INT Chris Jones
INT Christian Wilkins
DE Sam Hubbard
MLB Germaine Pratt
OLB Christian Rozeboom
OLB Jamin Davis
CB Darius Slay
CB Cam Lewis
S Trevon Moehrig
S Tyler Nubin

OLB Byron Young
Edge Arnold Ebiketie
INT Mekhi Wingo
LB Brian Asamoah
CB Andrew Booth Jr.
CB Cordale Flott
CB Mike Sainristil
S Antonio Johnson

Greenland

Offense:

QB- Baker Mayfield
RB- Saquon Barkley 
X- Michael Pittman Jr
Z- Stefon Diggs
Slot- CeeDee Lamb
TE- Cole Kmet
LT- Christian Darrisaw
LG- Aaron Banks
C- Beaux Limmer
RG- Trey Smith
RT- JC Latham

Bench: 

RB- James Conner
RB- Braelon Allen
WR- Xavier Worthy
WR- Christian Watson
TE- Jonnu Smith
OL- Kenyon Green
OL- Sean Rhyan
QB- Caleb Williams

Defense: 

Edge- Travon Walker
DT- Bryan Bresee
DT- Gervon Dexter Jr 
Edge- Harold Landry 
LB- Roquan Smith
LB- Jack Campbell
CB- Marshon Lattimore
CB- Joey Porter Jr
Nickel- Tariq Woolen
SS- Tyrann Mathieu 
FS- Calen Bullock

Bench:

Edge- Tyquan Lewis
INT- Bilal Nichols
INT- Phidarian Mathis  
LB- TJ Edwards
CB- Jourdan Lewis
CB- Emmanuel Forbes
CB- Ja’Sir Taylor
S- Jordan Poyer

Edited by RedGold

Cwmfelinfach

Mindset

After a devastating Week 3 result that saw Cwmfelinfach add a loss to their record and sink well below .500 on the season, they find themselves with an opportunity to regroup and refocus, desperate to get their season back on track against a sneaky good Greenland team.

Offense 

Cwmfelinfach enters Week 4 with that exact number of words in mind:

It's. Jayden. Daniels. Szn.

We initially planned on keeping the keys in Kyler's capable, adorable hands, but Jayden's outstanding performance through the first four weeks is difficult to ignore. Despite this, Cwmfelinfach enters the contest believing that success lies in a strong performance on the ground. As strong as Greenland's secondary is, with names like Lattimore, Woolen, Mathieu and Poyer, we feel that their front 7 is a glaring weakness. As a result, we'll plan on a 70-30 run/pass split, with Jayden Daniels looking short to McConkey and Kittle on a handful of play-action calls and using his feet to pick-up key yards when the defense collapses to stop the running game.

Injuries to our beautiful Joe require an Alternate starter at RT, but we feel comfortable that Dillon Radunz can step in and do enough to allow this unit to win in the trenches. Bijan Robinson and Ty Chandler will get the bulk of the carries, and Tank Bigsby remains available to keep each of them fresh. Should we need them, downfield speedsters Tyreek Hill, Jameson Williams and Alec Pierce are available in 3-WR sets, but we don't expect to call on this alignment more than a handful of times.

With a strong Daniels-led running game and opportunistic short-yardage looks in the passing game, we feel that we'll be able to move the ball, melt away the clock and put points on the board.

Defense

Greenland has young, talented weapons (Lamb/Pittman) on the offensive side of the ball, with a sprinkling of impact veterans (Diggs). Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that Baker (or Caleb) is ready to make significant use of these weapons in the passing game and isn't capable of carrying an offense on his own. In addition, we feel that Chris Jones, Christian Wilkins and DeMarcus Lawrence give us an advantage in the trenches. As a result, Cwmfelinfach will run a base 4-3, switching between a balance of man and zone coverages, with a focus on stopping Saquon.

Lawrence and Hubbard will emphasize setting a strong outside edge, and Byron Young and Arnold Ebiketie will take turns rotating in on passing downs. Fortunately, Darius Slay avoided serious injury in Week 3 and remains the starter at CB1, covering Lamb, and Cam Lewis' aggressive, run-support strengths make him an ideal fit at CB2. Mike Sainristil will take the field for Jamin Davis in the slot against 3-WR sets and will remain tethered to this position: should he feel inspired and want to cover on the outside, he will be forcefully removed from the field. Should we need another defensive back, we believe that Cor'Dale will keep us... aFlott. In heavy sets, a safety will step into the box to assist with bringing Saquon down.

With our defensive resources focused on stopping Saquon, we don't believe that Baker or Caleb will be able to do enough to lead Greenland to victory.

Summary

With our short-yardage weapons aided by the strength of the running game against a vulnerable defensive front, and with our defensive line harassing Saquon by overwhelming the average Greenland protectors, we feel that Jayden will step off the field with his first victory in his first BDL start.

Greenland

Offense: Looking for the first win of the season against the Cwmfelinfach here at home. We will attack with our explosive playmakers and control the flow of the game. Primarily uptempo/no huddle to wear out their lack of depth. 

Formations: 

• 3 Wide (55%)
  • 4 Wide (15%)
  • 12 Personnel (15%)
  • 21 Personnel (15%)

Plan of Attack:

• 55/45 Pass/Run
  • Combo Routing utilizing various skill sets of our pass catchers. Pittman’s size as a possession weapon, Diggs agility at Z and Lambs overall balance in the slot. They don’t have the corner talent to neutralize our wideouts
  • Kmet will get more targets in the seam and as a safety net as he has been an underutilized weapon for us so far
  • We will heavy motion Lamb to tip coverage but also get him in speed releases to get him the ball quickly in space. Lamb will be heavily fed the ball regardless of coverage 
  • Worthy/Watson will split some time at WR4 and spelling our outside starters some. We look to utilize their field stretching ability for big plays
  • Zone rushing attack allowing Saquon and friends to pick their holes
  • Inside and Outside zone to vary our rushing attack 
  • We really believe we can gash the edges especially the edge opposite Lawrence 
  • We look at a 55/25/20 split with Barkley/Conner/Allen
  • In our 21 personnel we want to get Barkley and Allen on the field together
  • Jonnu is our TE2 in 12 Personnel and we will look to move him around presnap. 
  • Lamb moves to X when in any 2 WR sets 
  • Double Chris Jones inside on passing downs is our priority 
  • Provide some back chipping and some screens to slow down pass rush
  • Utilize Barkley on wheels and swings to take advantage of his explosiveness 

Defense: Neutralize some very talented weapons and play disciplined defense while containing the QB runs.

Formations: 

• Base Nickel- Against 3 Wide
  • Dime- Against 4 Wide
  • 5-2- Against heavy sets
  • 4-3- Against 2TE or 2RB

Plan of Attack:

• Mix of primarily 2 High Shell Man and Cover 3. More Cover 3 and even some cover 6 when in Dime
  • Bullock is our middle high in Cover 3, Mathieu will spend time floating around up to deep to help disguise coverage
  • We are using Woolen in the nickel this week as a big nickel with the explosiveness and change of direction to matchup inside. Porter Jr and Lattimore are our outside corners and Jourdan Lewis is our Dime against 4 wide.
  • We won’t play matchup specific but we will play a lot of press or give press looks to disguise coverage but to also disrupt the quick passing game with our deep coverage ready in the back half. 
  • Stunts and twists to give our pass rush some extra juice. 
  • Bresee has been coming on the last two weeks and we look to build off of his pass rush momentum 
  • Roquan has the back in coverage and Campbell has TE when in Man
  • In Dime Campbell comes off the field
  • Gap disciplines run defense, looking to contain Kyler/Jayden runs
  • Some LBer blitzes in Cover 3 and some show and no go/drop back, and even some delayed blitzes
  • In 4-3 we welcome in TJ Edwards as our third backer

Edited by RedGold

Jayden Daniels keeps proving my QB1 eval right week after week, and the Dactyls look set at the position for a while to come. Unfortunately, I think they're struggling to put pieces around him right now to take advantage of his play, especially on the offensive line where I think at least three of this week's starters are subpar BDL players.

Defensively, Greenland is facing a real challenge in trying to block both Wilkins and Jones inside with Cam Lewis and Darius Slay doing just enough on the back end to slow down the passing attack. That said, Greenland's intent to get Lamb the ball quickly from the slot is a Problem I don't think Sainristil can handle, which he's going to have to with the emphasis on stopping Saquon. Leaning Greenland here in a bit of a messy, possibly unwatchable game.

If I am Cwm, I am lining up Jameson and Tyreek outside with Ladd/Kittle/Bijan attacking the middle.  They hit on the QB.  I think their OL and back 7 are in a rough shape. 

This week, I just think Greenland executes their gameplan a little better.  They have a really solid roster and get the win.

I think TL's guys are a bit underrated. This is a team that is way ahead of schedule on its rebuild and Jayden's instant production is making me glad he gets the start here. 

Gameplans for both have to cover up some roster weaknesses. I like the run based approach from Ptrash and even with some backups on their line they can move the ball and score in a complete slog.

I think Greenland does real damage through the air on some drives, as even the Ptrash CB1 is gonna get rocked in this matchup. Give me Ptrash in a slog nail biter that ends on a final FG. 20-17.

• Like 1

Surprised this is close tbh. CJ and, to a lesser extent, Wilkins are a mismatch for Greenland OL but that's really the only thing Cwfach has on their side on defense I believe. I think with CJ doubled and his pocket presence, Baker will be more than able to find open receivers against a secondary that simply can't hold guys like Lamb or Pittman for long.

On the other side I understand the heavy run game because Greenland DL is fairly thin but I just don't think Cwfach has the OL or RBs to take advantage of it. I do think when they have to open the game up they have some success, and that's based on the awesome rookie start of Jayden, but also Ladd has been good against KC and that's the only decent thing I'll say about the Chargers this year. In the end, I think Greenland is well rounded and have a much more complete team.

Greenland 38 - Cwmfelinfach 17