Packers Texans post game. Packers ****** victory from the jaws of defeat after trying to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.

Refugee

7 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I’m 100% not fine with those picks. They led directly to 9 points, and one FG very easily could’ve been a TD. Those are game losing plays that Love has to get under control. As I’ve said before, I don’t need Love to be as averse to picks as Rodgers was, but he simply cannot keep throwing multiple per game

I agree. I also hope the team overcoming those mistakes doesn’t make him feel like throwing stupid passes is ok. But did he not also outplay the AFC QB that was his supposed equal?

Edited by ccecilnosebleed

4 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:
7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

IF you assume the Vikings go 0-5 against the remaining NFC North teams, they still have games against LA Rams, Jacksonville, and Arizona who all currently have losing records.  They'd have to completely fall apart to not get to at least 8 wins.  Figure 2 wins in that group plus 2 inside the division puts them at 9-8.

Don’t disagree, but they’ve also done it before. I’m not saying it won’t be a race, but can you not see them falling apart?

NFC North winner might come down to the team that can get 4 wins within the division.  

• Like 2

Love and the offense got things dialed in last season as the season progressed, and I expect something similar to happen this season.  Probably not to such an extreme, but I fully expect the offense to be a better version of itself two months from now.  If Love is still throwing multiple INT's per game in December, I'll be concerned.

10 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Love throwing INTs is something we are going to have to get used to, because Rodgers just didn't do it. 

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I'm absolutely thrilled by the fact that Love is a reckless gunslinger but also doesn't get emotional like a gunslinger.

It makes for fun watching and that even if he screws up that he is not affected and can come back and pull together a scoring drive.

As much as I liked Rodgers he could be conservative and obsessive about his TD to INT ratio and also if he had a few bad series or and INT it would typically mentally smash him up and he couldn't pull himself out of it.

I've pretty much made peace with the idea that the next decade+ of Love is gonna be a little more "gunslingy" than I'd prefer but that it's going to be very entertaining. Every dropkick is going to be interesting. Incredible and incredibly stupid are both possibilities and sometimes they'll even happen on the same play.

It's gonna be a heck of a roller coaster and if he gets hot at the right time watch out. 

16 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I remember the first as a deflection, and the second as an overthrow.

The picks today were almost completely on Love. There have been some over the past couple of games that I wouldn’t put on him, but today:

-first one was a tip up by a DB coming from the outside of the field right to where Love was leading his receiver. The tipped ball was then caught by the DB that was trailing the intended receiver. I don’t think Love expected him to be there at all. He thought he was going to continue covering the other receiver in the area who was also breaking out, but the DB read Love like a book and there wasn’t enough of a window for Love to gun it in.

-second you could take two ways or a combination of both: bad mechanics and/or bad decision. Love has pressure coming at him front side but decides to send the ball 20 yards downfield into double coverage. Because of the pressure, Love didn’t have time to properly set his feet and step into the throw (something he habitually neglects to do even when given time) and because he doesn’t have elite arm strength, it sailed of course. Better options: spin out and buy time, try to step up and buy time, choose a safer target, tuck the ball and eat the sack (it was first down).

15 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

I agree. I also hope the team overcoming those mistakes doesn’t make him feel like throwing stupid passes is ok. But did he not also outplay the AFC QB that was his supposed equal?

Eh, maybe, but each QB just had much different games, and I wouldn’t day today should be considered a feather in Stroud’s cap either.

Our defense played much better against the pass overall I think. This especially seemed true in the pass rush. Felt like we were doing a better job of getting pressure on Stroud and disrupting the play timing.

I still think the two are basically neck and neck right now. Hard to proclaim one definitively better, and it’ll probably be awhile before it’s settled. I think QBs take much longer to fully develop (for better or for worse) than people like to admit

13 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I trust that KOC can keep Darnold and the MIN offense from falling off the rails... IF they can keep Jones healthy.

Minnesota would be an interesting team to trade for Kamara.  Jones has always been better with a lighter workload and pairing him and Kamara with JJ, Addison and Hockenson would be a tough set of skill players to defend

10 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I feel like these "Darnold and MIN are going to collapse" debates are just this year's version of the "Goff and DET are going to collapse" debates from last season.  This year when I watch MIN play, I think they look like a well built team.  I never felt that way about them last season.

Their defense is fools gold. Darnold might be. It's perfectly reasonable to respect that the Vikings have some really solid tape thus far, but objectively of the NFC contenders (Lions, Packers, Vikings, 49ers, Buccaneers, Eagles) have arguably the lowest floor simply because of their overall talent level. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I feel like these "Darnold and MIN are going to collapse" debates are just this year's version of the "Goff and DET are going to collapse" debates from last season.  This year when I watch MIN play, I think they look like a well built team.  I never felt that way about them last season.

Same. They're #1 in DVOA for a reason. I'm incredibly surprised at how well they are playing. They look like a really well coached team. 

I do wonder if they'll fade a bit as other teams start to get more dialed in and close the gap. I think they're out playing their talent right now - but I think I also underestimated their talent a bit, too.

Very good team right now regardless. And there's no compelling reason to think they'll fade, I want to point out it's a gut feeling, not a rational one I have right now.

22 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

MN isn't folding unless Darnold crashes or the have catastrophic injury luck.  That is a good squad that just needed good QB play and some RB production, which they have gotten.  And their DC has gotten a lot out of a middling talent base group.  

I can't rule out the same thing happening this year as did last year- late in the season teams figure out what Flores is doing and find a way to exploit it.  Like weeks 7-14 last season they gave up scores of 17, 10, 28, 29, 21, 12, 0, 27(OT) then their last three weeks they gave up scores of 30, 33, and 30.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Same. They're #1 in DVOA for a reason. I'm incredibly surprised at how well they are playing. They look like a really well coached team. 

I do wonder if they'll fade a bit as other teams start to get more dialed in and close the gap. I think they're out playing their talent right now - but I think I also underestimated their talent a bit, too.

Very good team right now regardless. And there's no compelling reason to think they'll fade, I want to point out it's a gut feeling, not a rational one I have right now. wins

I think quite a few people underestimated their talent this season. Most expected 6-8 wins.