Packers Texans post game. Packers ****** victory from the jaws of defeat after trying to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.

Refugee

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Same. They're #1 in DVOA for a reason. I'm incredibly surprised at how well they are playing. They look like a really well coached team. 

I do wonder if they'll fade a bit as other teams start to get more dialed in and close the gap. I think they're out playing their talent right now - but I think I also underestimated their talent a bit, too.

Very good team right now regardless. And there's no compelling reason to think they'll fade, I want to point out it's a gut feeling, not a rational one I have right now.

Once you figure out the Flores pressure package, you score on Minnesota. That defense has the same players last year on NYE, or the 2nd half of this year's game. Look at what the Lions did to them today. Good offensive system + good OL, kryptonite for them. They feast on confusing inferior systems, OLs and QBs. Flores is a madman and hopefully a HC next year. That defense is not talented.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Love and the offense got things dialed in last season as the season progressed, and I expect something similar to happen this season.  Probably not to such an extreme, but I fully expect the offense to be a better version of itself two months from now.  If Love is still throwing multiple INT's per game in December, I'll be concerned.

I dont like that he's throwing sloppy INTs and his mechanics can revert back to bad habits of his past. Leading the league in INTs but missing two games is a troubling stat.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Once you figure out the Flores pressure package, you score on Minnesota. That defense has the same players last year on NYE, or the 2nd half of this year's game. Look at what the Lions did to them today. Good offensive system + good OL, kryptonite for them. They feast on confusing inferior systems, OLs and QBs. Flores is a madman and hopefully a HC next year. That defense is not talented.

Exactly my point. Darnold is practically scheduled to decline, especially when doubt creeps in. And now that the defense is getting figured out it’s going to be a slog for them. Detroit is a different story, but they’ve also shown they are absolutely beatable, and now don’t have their best defensive player.

I think the Packers could easily go .500 for the rest of the season as well, but I also think they have more talent and better coaching and if it comes together is easily the class of the North.

Edited by ccecilnosebleed

43 minutes ago, DannyB said:

That’s fine. If Love can’t improve his mechanics and develop better decision making, then I’ll either want a different QB or a different QB coach. And one of those is much easier to replace. That’s my opinion, not a prediction.

LOL .. chill out on Love.  This is his 4th overall full game since his injury and will continue to get better. They are 5-2 and if they had McManus as a field goal kicker they'd probably be 7-0.  There are 25+ NFL teams that would give their left nut to have Love as their QB.  And no, they aren't doing anything different on the qb coach .. just my opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

LOL .. chill out on Love.  This is his 4th overall full game since his injury and will continue to get better. They are 5-2 and if they had McManus as a field goal kicker they'd probably be 7-0.  There are 25+ NFL teams that would give their left nut to have Love as their QB.  And no, they aren't doing anything different on the qb coach .. just my opinion.

I like Love a lot, and I’m all for being patient with QBs, developing them, surrounding them with talented and doing everything necessary to put them in a position to be as successful as they can be.

It’s just that after last season, everybody just seemed cemented that he’s our next great long term elite franchise QB. Like it’s a done deal, he’s THE guy, and my only point is, it’s not a done deal yet. He still has a lot that he needs to work on, and growth is not linear.

Things look promising in many respects because we’ve seen what he can do, but we just don’t know yet what he’ll ultimately develop into

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Exactly my point. Darnold is practically scheduled to decline, especially when doubt creeps in. And now that the defense is getting figured out it’s going to be a slog for them. Detroit is a different story, but they’ve also shown they are absolutely beatable, and now don’t have their best defensive player.

I think the Packers could easily go .500 for the rest of the season as well, but I also think they have more talent and better coaching and if it comes together is easily the class of the North.

Darnold gets uncomfortable in the pocket he gets frenetic. His feet are all over the place. I could see them fading fairly quickly. Having said that, I have not looked at their schedule. They are very capable of beating the mediocre teams. 

12 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Man I rewatched the game and our safety play is OUTSTANDING. They make this defense go. We have a star in X and Williams is going to be a star by the end of the year. They are suffocating.

This. Safety play of this level changes a defense. I'm glad Gute finally hit on his investments there. Going to be a really good thing for this defense/team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I like Love a lot, and I’m all for being patient with QBs, developing them, surrounding them with talented and doing everything necessary to put them in a position to be as successful as they can be.

It’s just that after last season, everybody just seemed cemented that he’s our next great long term elite franchise QB. Like it’s a done deal, he’s THE guy, and my only point is, it’s not a done deal yet. He still has a lot that he needs to work on, and growth is not linear.

Things look promising in many respects because we’ve seen what he can do, but we just don’t know yet what he’ll ultimately develop into

He's an elite QB right now and has been since halfway through last year. 

He's probably close to leading the league in TD passes despite missing 2/7 games already.

It's a done deal. He's elite. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He's probably close to leading the league in TD passes despite missing 2/7 games already.

I wouldn't go that far yet. The dumb throws need to he toned down before I'm calling him elite. I think he is in that very good category right now.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

💯 and despite throwing bad interceptions that everyone for some reason wants to bury him for. He’s only going to get better and will continue to take big chances. I’m good with it.