Senior Bowl 2018

Mind Character

Reports are that Bakers Mom is not doing well at this moment. And he could leave the senior bowl at any time. 

Allen with some impressive physical atttibutes but I can’t get pat he production man and accuracy issues. Might as well develop Kizer IMO. 

I might take some heat for this but Davenport is really starting to intrigue me. If we were able to trade down to say the Jets so they can leap frog the broncos and get Davenport at 6-8 range. I would be happy with that. He looks fantastic 6.6ft and 250 and if he runs as fast as what’s being reported (4.5-4.6) I would be very intrigued. 

Mind what can yo tell me about Davenport why wasn’t he more highly recruited. Wasn’t he a WR coming into college ?

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I truly and sincerely hope that she's ok.

That said, I hope he's done grabbing his grotch.

I hope he's done intentionally hitting opponents in the head in pregame warmups.

I hope he's done cussing out fans.

I hope he's done flipping off fans.

I hope he's done resisting arrest.

If its his mother being sick then he gets a pass on all this in my book. Forget all this draft crap and be with your mom.

I dont mind most of his shenanigans. That fire is what fuels him. Cuss them out, flip them off, grab your wee-man, and always, and I mean ALWAYS, run from 5-0.

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I was all aboard the Shaquill Griffin UCF CB train last year, and I had him as my favorite later round selection with pro bowl upside.

He played really well for the Seahawks in a surprising starting role.

His brother Shaquem Griffin UCF has one hand and is a baller.

Huge production out of college in terms of TFLs and sacks. His competitive fire and motor is second to none in the draft.

\

He caught my eye in a game and I didn’t even notice the missing hand till it got mentioned on the broadcast.

15 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

If its his mother being sick then he gets a pass on all this in my book. Forget all this draft crap and be with your mom.

I dont mind most of his shenanigans. That fire is what fuels him. Cuss them out, flip them off, grab your wee-man, and always, and I mean ALWAYS, run from 5-0.

yeah I love the attitude he brings. It what makes him, him. It made him the first ever walk-on to win the Heisman.

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Mind what can yo tell me about Davenport why wasn’t he more highly recruited. Wasn’t he a WR coming into college ?

I've only watched 7 games of his (3 in 2016 , 4 in 2017), and I don't know anything outside of what I saw on the film about him.

I have to say...I'm pretty confused at his ascendance up the top 15 Board (I saw him at 10 on Daniel Jeremiah's Big Board), and people like Mayock calling him Demarcus Ware which was shocking today.

His motor is exceptional...he berserks off the edge with reckless abandon and has tremendous length and burst to close to the QB.

His hand usage, leverage, and bend are below average.  He's also stiff hipped, top heavy, and lacks functional balance out a 3 point stance.

He takes away his best attributes of length by going chest up with the OT and trying to push through him while his pad level is high.

A lot to like about him, and he has tons of upside, but ultimately I think he'd be better served in 34 defense where he doesn't have to win in close quarters with hand usage right at the snap.

Coming off the edge in a 34 he can use his length to one arm post and swim inside or to turn the corner and dip.

I have him as a middle of the second round prospect, and I really like him a lot.  He's a lot like Tanoh Kpassagnon was last year albeit Tanoh was a 43 DE and had a different body build.

I see Davenport as a very raw and good 2nd round prospect.

If DJ and Mayock prove to be right, then he's long gone by then. As 43 DEs, the dropoff between Chubb and him is drastic, and if someone takes Davenport top 20 I t'm not sure that makes much sense.

Maybe I haven't watched enough of him, but some of these takes on him by draft media are headscratchers imo.

On 1/22/2018 at 10:54 AM, Mind Character said:

It's going to be so funny when all the draft media people pull out the confirmation bias when Baker Mayfield measures above 6 ft or just under 6 ft 1.

"Now that Mayfield measured well, you have to take him number 1..."

"Mayfield now checking off the last box is worth the number 1 pick..."

"Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield checked in at the Senior Bowl at 6'0 3/8" and 216 pounds..."

--- The final piece for the Baker Truthers...

13 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

True.  But this was Bakers line in 2016, the first time he saw the Ohio State defense.  Still not horrible and against a much stingier pass defense.  Darnold only saw them once in his career, I would have expected USC to make adjustments if they had a second shot and a complete offseason to prepare for them. 

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR
Baker Mayfield 17/32 226 7.1 2 2 22.8

I'll be honest. I've made my point, and going this far to discredit a guy (he had two shots! over two years! I assume QB X would've got even better! even though entire rosters shift year to year in college...) just feels like "I've made up my mind and digging to China for reasons." I don't have anything else on the subject to offer. The guy is the best QB in college football, as a pro-prospect, right now and he's getting dumped on like crazy for, admittedly, being a #$%^ and being short. Both legit concerns, but I don't buy any of the stuff that's been brought up as far as on-field performance to justify knocking the guy.

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Good video.

Didn’t trip over his own dong like in the introductory presser, which is good.

Beyond the disciplined tear down and asset accumulation skills, Sashi was the greatest FO press conference communicator of all time.

Sashi was a polished, thoughtful communicator.

Dorsey is a meat-head, football scout.

The real question is...can Dorsey effectively lead an even bigger scouting department in Cleveland, stay organized, and clean up his issues from his time in KC.

If he does that, I'm okay with him derping every once in a while b/c in his words "I'm not a wordsmith or an English major."

Baker passed the hand test!  All aboard the “Baker at 1” train. Yes, I realize it’s a lonely ride, but I’m there until Rosen learns to throw deep or Allen or Darnold appear to be more than projects with a coaching staff that I don’t believe in. 

Archived