Jump to content
The LBC

2018 NFL Coaching Carousel Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

 

This could make up nicely depriving the rest of the NFC West of Bevell and Cable...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

A lot of our local media members up in Minnesota have been saying this too for a couple days

 

Would be interesting. Shurmur definitely wasn't good during his tenure with Cleveland, but I could see him being a guy who's going to be better given another opportunity. It's not like he had a lot to work with talent wise, either. Still, it wouldn't shock me if Shurmur is one of those coaches who is a great coordinator but a bad/mediocre head coach. If I were a Cardinals fan, I'd be open to the idea of hiring Shurmur, but he certainly wouldn't be my top choice either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Colts have now whittled their choices down to Josh McDaniels and Matt Rhule unless they interview anymore offensive candidates. Or Irsay can ehh and uh his way into convincing Nagy to reject the Bears and take the Colts job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stallyns said:

The Colts have now whittled their choices down to Josh McDaniels and Matt Rhule unless they interview anymore offensive candidates.

Or maybe not

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, drd23 said:

Or maybe not

 

I guess maybe colts have under the table agreed with McDaniels and will announce after Patriots are out or super bowl win.

Edited by 49erurtaza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, stallyns said:

The Colts have now whittled their choices down to Josh McDaniels and Matt Rhule unless they interview anymore offensive candidates. Or Irsay can ehh and uh his way into convincing Nagy to reject the Bears and take the Colts job.

Considering Nagy is under contract now, im pretty sure thats not possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the feeling Shurmur is #1 for Arizona, but he wants the Giants job.

Shurmur was a hell of a lot more attractive with Fangio attached too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Shurmur's been my #1 wish this whole offense so I sure hope that the Shurmur to Arizona keeps true

 Be careful what you wish for.. he was a great OC before he came here too then he started calling 2 yard pass plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

 Be careful what you wish for.. he was a great OC before he came here too then he started calling 2 yard pass plays. 

Shurmur won 9 games as an HC in cleveland, that puts him on a pedastal with the mess that place has been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2018 at 7:20 PM, DawgX said:

Would be interesting. Shurmur definitely wasn't good during his tenure with Cleveland, but I could see him being a guy who's going to be better given another opportunity. It's not like he had a lot to work with talent wise, either. Still, it wouldn't shock me if Shurmur is one of those coaches who is a great coordinator but a bad/mediocre head coach. If I were a Cardinals fan, I'd be open to the idea of hiring Shurmur, but he certainly wouldn't be my top choice either.

Shurmur was a nepotism hire in cleveland. Guy was beyond terrible. Any team that hires him will lose a lot. Hot trash getting ready to burn with plumes of noxious fumes waifing through the air

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×