2018 NFL Coaching Carousel Thread

Dr LBC

7 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

A lot of our local media members up in Minnesota have been saying this too for a couple days

Would be interesting. Shurmur definitely wasn't good during his tenure with Cleveland, but I could see him being a guy who's going to be better given another opportunity. It's not like he had a lot to work with talent wise, either. Still, it wouldn't shock me if Shurmur is one of those coaches who is a great coordinator but a bad/mediocre head coach. If I were a Cardinals fan, I'd be open to the idea of hiring Shurmur, but he certainly wouldn't be my top choice either.

16 hours ago, stallyns said:

The Colts have now whittled their choices down to Josh McDaniels and Matt Rhule unless they interview anymore offensive candidates. Or Irsay can ehh and uh his way into convincing Nagy to reject the Bears and take the Colts job.

Considering Nagy is under contract now, im pretty sure thats not possible

On 1/11/2018 at 7:20 PM, DawgX said:

Would be interesting. Shurmur definitely wasn't good during his tenure with Cleveland, but I could see him being a guy who's going to be better given another opportunity. It's not like he had a lot to work with talent wise, either. Still, it wouldn't shock me if Shurmur is one of those coaches who is a great coordinator but a bad/mediocre head coach. If I were a Cardinals fan, I'd be open to the idea of hiring Shurmur, but he certainly wouldn't be my top choice either.

Shurmur was a nepotism hire in cleveland. Guy was beyond terrible. Any team that hires him will lose a lot. Hot trash getting ready to burn with plumes of noxious fumes waifing through the air

Archived