The Jon Gruden Thread, Man

BackinBlack

6 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Carr loved Olson it seems, he references him a lot in press conferences. He’s a glorified QB coach anyway and I bet they bring in Gannon as well. Olson learning a little from McVay can’t hurt either...

I wouldn't add the "gloried" qualifier on to Olsen. He has been a OC in the NFL for 12 years. But, yes, he did start as a QB coach at the pro level and to boot he also has alittle experience as an assistant head coach. But I agree that the Olsen and Gruden together will make up for the lack of coaching experience of Gannon, if he is hired.

Hiring a young EVP of personnel sounds a lot like they're planning to phase Reggie out. I think that Gruden does want to bring his own guys in, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I mean they can't fire Reggie a year after being Executive of the year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Hiring a young EVP of personnel sounds a lot like they're planning to phase Reggie out. I think that Gruden does want to bring his own guys in, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I mean they can't fire Reggie a year after being Executive of the year.

Maybe they're still following the "Green Bay Way".  Didn't Thompson just step aside to a new role??