The Jon Gruden Thread, Man

BackinBlack

24 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I don't hold him to this, of course, it was years ago.

But it shows that he likes a tempo offense and that is right up Carr's alley.

Thats just t.v. gruden being tv gruden. Entertaining. But he has always been a quick tempo in and out of the huddle fast guy. And now coaches and stay in qb ear longer, no telling what he gonna do. 

8 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Thats just t.v. gruden being tv gruden. Entertaining. But he has always been a quick tempo in and out of the huddle fast guy. And now coaches and stay in qb ear longer, no telling what he gonna do. 

Yeah, I tried to make sure you knew I wasn't taking him serious.

Just posted it to throw some light on the tempo aspect that he likes and how Carr thrives in that style.

Edited by NightTrainLane

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What happened with Morton? 

The Jets happened. They realized how much if a Factor Morton was to their respectable season and Bowles and the GM realized that their extensions were in part because of him IMO.

They offered him probably a bump in salary and told him that they won't let him leave.

With that said Morton probably realized that he want to call plays, he want to be in command of a hole offense, which could land him a HC gig much faster...

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

The Jets happened. They realized how much if a Factor Morton was to their respectable season and Bowles and the GM realized that their extensions were in part because of him IMO.

They offered him probably a bump in salary and told him that they won't let him leave.

With that said Morton probably realized that he want to call plays, he want to be in command of a hole offense, which could land him a HC gig much faster...

I bet Jet fans are pleased. There was a big 8 page thread in their forum with them being up in arms about Morton possibly departing.

I honestly don't mind Olson. This will be Grudens offense obviously. Olson will be a familiar face for Carr to digest the offense with. His calm demeanor might also be a welcomed contrast for players. 

4 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yeah, I tried to make sure you knew I was taking him serious.

Just posted it to throw some light on the tempo aspect that he likes and how Carr thrives in that style.

That’s the type of the West Coast offense he runs.

He tries to confuse the defense by not giving them time to adjust.

He only runs like 10 to 15  different plays a game but out of different formations with motions and without and different  personal so it  looks different every single time.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The bottom line with Lynch is that people looking at his "production" in terms of yards and yards per carry (which was actually pretty good) without considering his missed tackle rate, elusive rating, and the horrid offensive situation are either:

1.Blind.

2.Have some kind of weird anti-Lynch bias because of rumors that don't have much credence.

Or are real to the fact he's a 32 year old RB who's not worth investing additional money in. He was signed to sell jersey's and promote Oakland. He's not in any sort of long term plans. 

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I bet Jet fans are pleased. There was a big 8 page thread in their forum with them being up in arms about Morton possibly departing.

I honestly don't mind Olson. This will be Grudens offense obviously. Olson will be a familiar face for Carr to digest the offense with. His calm demeanor might also be a welcomed contrast for players. 

Did something change?

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/73933/questions-emerge-about-jets-oc-john-morton-and-his-future

Article sounds like there were some mixed feeling on Morton with the staff and players. Talks about his relationship with Gruden. 

One player said he's convinced that Morton will wind up with the Raiders. Chances are, they wouldn't block him because it would allow Bowles to change coordinators without any bloodshed. It also would save ownership from having to pay the remainder of Morton's contract. Bowles is said to have his eye on Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo, whose contract is expiring.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Did something change?

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/73933/questions-emerge-about-jets-oc-john-morton-and-his-future

Article sounds like there were some mixed feeling on Morton with the staff and players. Talks about his relationship with Gruden. 

John DeFilippo also worked for Jon Gruden,  so no guarantees he won’t go to Oakland as well.

Gruden knows how to get the most out of QB’s if they buy in and run the offense how he designs it. Musgrave was the best offensive coach Carr’s had, and he played well under him. Would be great to finally have a highly toughted offensive mind to pair with him 

Edited by Darkness