The Jon Gruden Thread, Man

BackinBlack

I'm happy everyone else is excited but I'm very skeptical about this at the moment. For that contract we could have gotten John Harbaugh to leave Michigan. Mark is going super emotional on this and not thinking it through, no other candidates were being seriously considered or interviewed and now he's getting a 10 year 100 million guaranteed wtf?

However, moving a excited fanbase into the new stadium may br Mark's biggest focus and this also creates a past connection to California when they leave. 

I'm not excited about Greg Olson, Guenther or the Prospect of Gruden crafting our roster, but I guess I better strap in for the ride 10 years is a long time ?

Make the offense great again!

I personally love the timing. I loved Chucky as HC. It was like teams feared the Raiders and their fans feared him. The one thing I really REALLY didn't like about his time here was his affinity for the elderly. It seemed like he never wanted to give young guys a shot especially at QB. Now we habe a young nucleus of talent. If the team takes on his demeanor and if they can handle his obsession with perfection. Then guys and gals the football world better get ready to go back into the dark ages where there is one fearsome team and 31 chasers.

What does this move mean for the draft ? Everyone was expecting defense in the 1st (DT, LB or CB) but now i could see Gruden saying to RM a gimme that other Bama kid to play opposite of Cooper and lets throw the ball..

Edited by zappa13004

12 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Love that Reggie is staying, but personally I think he's crazy not to interview for the GB job.

It's as clear as day that Gruden is and will be the one running this organization going forward. Reggie's say so will slowly begin to dwindle. I dont like it, but those are just the facts. GM in GB is a blue chip job that rarely becomes available, Im surprised he didn't bite.

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

2 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Love that Reggie is staying, but personally I think he's crazy not to interview for the GB job.

It's as clear as day that Gruden is and will be the one running this organization going forward. Reggie's say so will slowly begin to dwindle. I dont like it, but those are just the facts. GM in GB is a blue chip job that rarely becomes available, Im surprised he didn't bite.

Perhaps. If he's kept it could be because they believe they can work successfully in conjunction with eachother, and that Gruden likes something about Mckenzie or what he's done or what he's capable of. All it takes is them giving it a chance. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. 

14 minutes ago, NickButera said:

From what I've read about Gruden's crazy work ethic, he'll be doing most of the work and coming up with man of the creative ideas. 

I was just saying that Olsen won't just be standing there with his thumb up his butt. He'll have some input and be coaching the offense, even if the ideas and scheme come from Gruden.

5 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I was just saying that Olsen won't just be standing there with his thumb up his butt. He'll have some input and be coaching the offense, even if the ideas and scheme come from Gruden.

I think Olson is being brought in to help get Carr back on track and incorporate some elements of the Rams offense to the Raiders. Ultimately it’s going to be the Gruden show.