Raiders hire Jon Gruden as Head Coach

eagles18

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

I hope it's fully guarantee with no offset language

Coaching contracts are always full guaranteed, so far as I know. Maybe it's possible that it's written into the deal that it's not, but I don't know if that would be allowable (for union issues). 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Coaching contracts are always full guaranteed, so far as I know. Maybe it's possible that it's written into the deal that it's not, but I don't know if that would be allowable (for union issues). 

From my understanding there usually offset if they get fired and go to another team you minus the amount they get from there new team. The only person who I know who got fully guarantee with no offset language was Kyle Shanahan.

Might be 10-years on some kind of rolling basis after a certain period of time, ie. fully guaranteed from year to year. Either way, it's staggering amount of money.

But that was what it was going to take to get him back on the sidelines. Especially with no ownership stake involved, as was originally first thought.

The money isn't a big deal, I don't think. The team is moving to Vegas and going to make bank anyway.

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

From my understanding there usually offset if they get fired and go to another team you minus the amount they get from there new team. The only person who I know who got fully guarantee was Kyle Shanahan.

Sure, the offset language is probably there, but lets be honest...this has to be Gruden's last hurrah here, right? I mean, he just went what, 10 years without coaching? If he comes in and bombs, teams are going to have an entirely different outlook on him for the future. His team fell apart in Tampa, and if he can't get the Raiders together, people are going to think that the game has passed him by. I would doubt that he'd have another job lined up, or whether or not he'd actually take one. 

I'm curious if the 10/100 is worse or if the Raider's had given him some Shares/Ownership stake in the franchise. At least they can fire him and be done with him, besides paying him, on the first. The latter and you're essentially always stuck with him.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

The other 31 teams are going to have fun when they have to re-up their Head Coaches. :D

I’ve honestly believed coaches are vastly underpaid for so long, so good for him. I hope more coaches do get raises. A coach should make more money than a backup QB or #2 WR

Archived