What QB Do We Want Going Into 2018?

joru1000

If It's One or the Other, Which QB Do You Want Going in to 2018?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Case or Teddy?

15 hours ago, Freakout said:

Can we pick Option C?  I would still rather see the team go after Kirk Cousins.  The team needs stability at quarterback.  Case is a fun story but this has Brian Hoyer written all over it.  It is easy to be emotional after yesterdays game but I trust Zimmer to make the right call.

I have zero interest in Cousins...plus he's only 6 months younger than Keenum.  I'd rather go with the known commodity than the unknown that is Cousins.  

While in theory the notion of Cousins quarterbacking this team excites me, in practice - given the investment involved along with aforementioned problems of going into FA with zero quarterbacks on the actual roster - I have zero interest.  Hoping for a reasonable price tag on Keenum with Sloter showing enough promise to get backup opportunity along with potential veteran FA/draft pick.

There is the chance that the Vikings could franchise/transition tag one of their quarterback, come to an agreement with Cousins, then rescind the tag. However, if that’s your plan, the franchised QB could easily sign the tag the day he’s tagged, and your plan would be shot unless you found a willing trade partner. 

Guess it'll also largely depend on who our OC is too, now that it appears Shurmur is off to NY. I think he's done great work, but is relatively replaceable.

If he does ultimately wind up with the Giants than at least we can likely rule him out of doing a lot to bring one of our QBs with him. They'll be in the market for a potential franchise QB in the draft + Eli is a suitable stopgap on a team friendly deal.

43 minutes ago, Purple-Pride07 said:

Guess it'll also largely depend on who our OC is too, now that it appears Shurmur is off to NY. I think he's done great work, but is relatively replaceable.

If he does ultimately wind up with the Giants than at least we can likely rule him out of doing a lot to bring one of our QBs with him. They'll be in the market for a potential franchise QB in the draft + Eli is a suitable stopgap on a team friendly deal.

Well...if my choices are between Cousins and Eli... I would take Eli.  As I live in the DC market, and am forced to have to pay attention to that team, Cousins is overrated.  He's as streaky a qb as the NFL has ever seen.  So, is Manning, but less so than Cousins.

11 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Well...if my choices are between Cousins and Eli... I would take Eli.  As I live in the DC market, and am forced to have to pay attention to that team, Cousins is overrated.  He's as streaky a qb as the NFL has ever seen.  So, is Manning, but less so than Cousins.

Eli's certainly more proven, but Cousins is also vastly underappreciated. The Redskins can't just pluck Joe Blow off the street and realistically expect comparable performance to Kirk Cousins' best. No denying he's coming off his worst season as a starter, and you can definitely do 'better', but it's not easy to do so.

12 hours ago, Klomp said:

This is quite the perplexing riddle we have here....

Given the season that Keenum is having, the answer is glaringly obvious.  They have to re-sign Keenum.  At this point, I'm pretty sure Bradford's knee is shot.  And given the uncertainty regarding Bridgewater, can you really count on him?  They'll franchise tag Keenum, and see if they can re-sign him to a long term deal IMO.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Given the season that Keenum is having, the answer is glaringly obvious.  They have to re-sign Keenum.  At this point, I'm pretty sure Bradford's knee is shot.  And given the uncertainty regarding Bridgewater, can you really count on him?  They'll franchise tag Keenum, and see if they can re-sign him to a long term deal IMO.

And speaking out loud here, what's the downside of franchise tagging Keenum?  Obviously, it's not ideal to pay $22M to your QB but gives another half a season before you have to commit big money to him.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And speaking out loud here, what's the downside of franchise tagging Keenum?  Obviously, it's not ideal to pay $22M to your QB but gives another half a season before you have to commit big money to him.

No downside. I'll be shocked if he isn't tagged. 

4 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

No downside. I'll be shocked if he isn't tagged. 

I still don’t see it happening. 

Given how this organization has operated of the past 5 years under Spielman, if the Vikings choose to bring Keenum back I doubt they’ll have to resort to the franchise tag. Something will get done before the tag deadline.  

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I still don’t see it happening. 

Given how this organization has operated of the past 5 years under Spielman, if the Vikings choose to bring Keenum back I doubt they’ll have to resort to the franchise tag. Something will get done before the tag deadline.  

But why would they want to sign him long-term instead of tagging him? 

The only reason the tag isn't the best option is if they firmly believe he is "the guy" they want for 3+ years

Archived