What QB Do We Want Going Into 2018?

joru1000

If It's One or the Other, Which QB Do You Want Going in to 2018?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Case or Teddy?

3 minutes ago, Riddle said:

Additionally, if we are down two scores late, Bradford might be the only one on the team who can throw us back into it.

Heck, had Diggs pass been completed for 10 yards and he had stepped out of bounds. I think you bring in Bradford a single snap to go for the hail mary because I don't know that Keenum has the pure arm to get it to the end zone. Teddy might be able to get it to the end zone, but Bradford has the true arm for it.

I was talking to my boss and another co-worker this morning...and I explained how weird this situation is with Keenum.  We love what he's doing right now, but we're not sure if it can last beyond this year, because he's Brett Favre-lite...as he makes Favre-like decisions without Favre's skill-set and that makes it difficult to know what to do in the future.  He will forever live on in Minnesota lore, but I'm still not sure whether it will be beyond this year.  

my opinion on Case is... selfish... Viking centric....

if he stays with us, i want him to even improve, and disprove his detractors. but if he leaves for another team i want him to slip back to average and mediocre, proving it was the right decision to let him go.

My theory all along was it'd be:

-Teddy Bridgewater
-Sam Bradford/Case Keenum
-roster QB

Ultimately, what's decisive is the fact that the team plays for Case and he's won them all over. They feel they can win with him. Perhaps they did or did not with Bradford, but it's definitive in Case's.. erm.. case. Think his monetary value is highest in Minnesota than any other organization, as well. Would be very surprised if our 1-2 at QB entering next season is something other than Keenum-Bridgewater.

Salute to Bradford though. Stepped up when called upon at an incredibly low point for us as a team (and fan base) after Teddy's injury. He has plenty of good football left in him.

1 hour ago, Worm Guts said:

but it may affect how Bridgewater feels about his options.

If this decision creates a grudge for Bridgewater, then he’s really not the teammate or leader that we’ve been led to believe he is. However, I don’t suspect that to be the case. 

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If this decision creates a grudge for Bridgewater, then he’s really not the teammate or leader that we’ve been led to believe he is. However, I don’t suspect that to be the case. 

Disagree. I think it would pretty reasonable for Bridgewater to feel that the Vikings didn’t have enough faith in him to even be the backup and that maybe he would be better off in a different situation.

2 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I can't really see any situation around the league where a team would be confident enough in Bridgewater to lock him up longterm. He's going to get a shorter, prove-it deal no matter where he goes.

And what team(s) would offer a situation that’s as good, or better, than the Vikings?

Maybe, Jacksonville?

8 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I can't really see any situation around the league where a team would be confident enough in Bridgewater to lock him up longterm. He's going to get a shorter, prove-it deal no matter where he goes.

Implicit in that scenario is an opportunity to actually "prove-it." Where here or elsewhere, I think that both Bradford and Bridgewater would want, at minimum, a promise that they can compete for the starting job in training camp. Keenum will be the starter wherever he lands after this season. I am starting to prefer a shorter term, mid sized contract for both Teddy and Sam. Let them battle and the chips will fall as they may. Keenum has had a great year, I want to ride with him through the Super Bowl and I hope he takes us to Valhalla, but outside of that he still doesn't always pass the eye test. Got very lucky on a few throws yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Riddle said:

Implicit in that scenario is an opportunity to actually "prove-it." Where here or elsewhere, I think that both Bradford and Bridgewater would want, at minimum, a promise that they can compete for the starting job in training camp.

I was thinking more along the lines of proving that he's healthy and completely past the knee injury. I doubt many places would put him in an open competition for a starting spot unless it's wherever Shurmur goes.

Archived