Vikings QB Sam Bradford returns to practice

SteelKing728

thought he was probably done, don't see a point in playing him. Chances he's much of an upgrade from Keenum are slim given he probably has some serious rust and certainly doesn't have the chemistry with the WRs that Keenum does.

Can't afford to have rust in the playoffs 

10 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

This could make things interesting. Do the Vikings go back to their day 1 starter, even though the team won 11 games with Case Keenum? If Sam Bradford is activated, what does the team do with Teddy Bridgewater?

This is a non-story, IMO.  At this point Bradford is the #3 quarterback because he hasn't been playing or practicing all year.  If something happens to Keenum, Teddy is going in, not Sam.  The chances are that Bradford has taken his last snap for our franchise.

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

This could make things interesting. Do the Vikings go back to their day 1 starter, even though the team won 11 games with Case Keenum? If Sam Bradford is activated, what does the team do with Teddy Bridgewater?

OMG...He literally almost just slipped and bust his knee in this video at 0:07..smh.

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

This is a non-story, IMO.  At this point Bradford is the #3 quarterback because he hasn't been playing or practicing all year.  If something happens to Keenum, Teddy is going in, not Sam.  The chances are that Bradford has taken his last snap for our franchise.

We'll see,  I believe there's a 50/50 shot that Bradford is made the #2 quarterback as soon as the divisional round of football starts.  

5 hours ago, Freakish Mind said:

We'll see,  I believe there's a 50/50 shot that Bradford is made the #2 quarterback as soon as the divisional round of football starts.  

I agree, if he looks good in practice and has no restrictions, I'd trot him out there as backup in the divisional round.

He knows the play book already and knows the Pat Shumur offense (and Pat will case pro Bradford plays, which differ then some of the pro Case plays).

If he is "not there yet", I don't active him yet, but if he gets activated he goes to QB2

10 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

So how many QB’s will the Vikes carry into the 2018 season and who?  Probably cant afford to carry all three.  If you keep two, with one presumably being Keenum, who’s the other guy?

All QBs are free agents.

Sloter is an ERFA so he will be back.

Id expect one of Keenum or Teddy to return. Probably not both. Can't see Bradford returning.

Most likely scenario: Keenum, Sloter, Rookie

8 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

He will 100% be starting somewhere next year. He fits the 'veteran holding the fort down while an early round pick develops' role pretty well. 

Seems like Pat Shurmur is getting serious HC consideration. If Shurmur ends up in AZ, I could see Bradford following him.

I would love for Bradford to end up back in the nfcw next year. He has never had the mental toughness to be a great QB, and now that he has continually been injured, I can't imagine he ever truly trusts his body again. Even if hes healthy, he's still going to be extremely skiddish and unreliable. 

The last time he played was extremely pitiful. The guy is just soft. Rams fans were in denial for the longest time. 

On 2018-01-02 at 2:41 PM, SteelKing728 said:

not what I would expect. Zimmer most likely will stay with the player that got them there and Bradford will be a back up. Vikes have more depth at QB than anyone don't they?

Archived