Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Has there been a more humiliating pass rush move in NFL history?

I feel like Kahlil Mack's version of that, where instead of just using his strength to throw the guy, he actually catches the guy's tricep when his punch is incoming might look funnier. 

On 6/5/2019 at 7:49 PM, Packerraymond said:

Has there been a more humiliating pass rush move in NFL history?

Thanks for the post, made my day.

Really grinned when I heard someone call that move the "Howie Long hump move".  Uh, no.  No offense to Howie, but that move is all Reggie.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

Texans fired their GM yesterday and they actually wanted Gute when they hired Gaines
If you recall, Das Gute was having dinner with the Texans ownership as they woo'd him for that GM position 2 years ago
Packers/Murphy interrupted Gute before they got to the dessert menu... and offered him the vastly superior opportunity In GB

Edited by Shanedorf

Acme Packing: The Green Bay Packers have been working on plans to honor the late Bart Starr since the legendary quarterback passed away a few weeks ago, and on Friday afternoon, the team announced the finalized plans. Starr, the legendary former quarterback and head coach and Pro Football Hall of Famer, will be in the hearts and minds of the Packers and their fans throughout the 2019 season. However, he will also be represented visually on the Packers’ helmets, as the team announced plans to wear a number 15 decal throughout the upcoming campaign.

On 6/7/2019 at 10:28 AM, vegas492 said:

Thanks for the post, made my day.

Really grinned when I heard someone call that move the "Howie Long hump move".  Uh, no.  No offense to Howie, but that move is all Reggie.

Long was the one who brought it to popularity, though Deacon Jones originated it I believe.

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Long was the one who brought it to popularity, though Deacon Jones originated it I believe.

Deacon Jones.  Wasn't he the one whose move was the head slap?  Not doubting that he did the "hump" too, but I think his claim to fame was hitting a linemen in the head so hard that his ears would ring and cause balance issues.  I seem to remember Deacon talking about that on television many, many years ago.

Fun stuff to remember.

I'm sick of us trying to find the next Antonio Gates.  Pharoah McKever isn't gonna do a damn thing.  Robert Tonyan isn't gonna do a damn thing.  Just like Michael Clark didn't do a damn thing, just like Colt Lyeria didn't do a damn thing and just like at least 3 athletic nobody tight ends each year have done nothing for us each year. 

Everybody's acting like Tonyan is gonna do something because he had a 54 yard TD against the Seahawks on a play that Rodgers extended.  He had three catches for 23 yards outside of that one play. 

• Like 1