Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We scored 7 points against a bad defense without Rodgers.

It isn't even worth it anymore.  Rodgers is the bad guy in every situation now.  This is just as bad as AJ Hawk makes $234324 billion for jumping on piles 8 yards down field to get credited for tackles.  By the way, I heard that AJ Hawk and Aaron Rodgers are friends... coincidence? I think not!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Lol. Packer management have gone full blown 'give the fans whatever the public opinion wants', it washes their hands of any responsibly of their decisions. There are no longer any adults in the room.     

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Field Yates -  The Packers have created $3.08M in 2022 cap space by converting $3.85M of RB Aaron Jones' 2022 compensation into a signing bonus and adding two void years, per source. Green Bay has now created nearly $14M in cap space over the past two days, with more moves ahead.

A little surprised they converted this one as quickly as they did.  Makes his 2023 cap hit $20M and his 2024 cap hit $16M.  They save roughly $10.5M by releasing him after either year.

52 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

8 mil of that is base salary, 7.4 is roster bonus. Both are able to be converted to SB. 

This.  They can restructure it.  Think it depends on what happens with Rodgers.  If he's back, they'll restructure a large chunk of that. If he's gone, he's probably released/traded.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R T said:

Lol. Packer management have gone full blown 'give the fans whatever the public opinion wants', it washes their hands of any responsibly of their decisions. There are no longer any adults in the room.     

Not really.  Let's not act like they moved a TON of money into future years.  They took his roster bonus and spread it out over five years.  Instead of it hitting the cap this year, it might hit next year if they release him.

35 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It isn't even worth it anymore.  Rodgers is the bad guy in every situation now.  This is just as bad as AJ Hawk makes $234324 billion for jumping on piles 8 yards down field to get credited for tackles.  By the way, I heard that AJ Hawk and Aaron Rodgers are friends... coincidence? I think not!

What? This has nothing to do with Rodgers being the "bad guy" lol. It has everything to do with him being a QB at the tail end of his career that's routinely shrank when it mattered. Yes, let's mortgage the future to appease that. 

But, hey, MVP baby!

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

We scored 7 points against a bad defense without Rodgers.

I'd bet you'd see similar results if you removed the #1 QB from most teams in the league midweek, draw up a ****ty gameplan, and started the backup on the road.

Plus it really is a QB award considering the last non-QB to get it was Peterson in 2012 and before him was LT in 2006 and then Alexander in 2005. And all they had to do was set NFL records or come juuuuuust short of NFL records.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Read this again slowly.....then tell me why we need to enable our Diva QB.  Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?  Yes, you know what that is and it isn't nor hasn't been productive.

By your own post we should trade him and load up on Edge players.

I'd be okay with this if I had the slightest bit of confidence right now we could win more than 8 games without him.

14 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Little history, Brett Favre got us to into overtime in the NFC Championship game, retired and wanted to come back and we traded him away. That worked out pretty well. Am I confident Jordan Love is the next HOF QB, NO! No more so than anybody here should be that keeping Rodgers gives us, 'the best chance!' Keeping Favre, in hindsight, wouldn't have given us the best chance. 

The difference is Rodgers could net us a boatload of really high picks which gives us a chance to put an incredible team around whichever QB is under center. The other difference is we are in cap hell and can get ourselves out of it by trading him and Adams and not extending guys who probably shouldn't be extended because Rodgers wants them on his team.

Neither route is a guarantee. The route where we sell high, gives us the best chance in the long run.  

I really do respect the opinion of getting high draft picks to try and make the next great Packers team, but for me it comes down to the ol' 'bird in the hand' adage.  We have that next great Packers team here, right now. We don't know if we'll have that with Love, and if any of those draft picks will pan out.

Trading star players for multiple first rounders has never worked out except the Tunsil trade in Miami - which is still playing out and could fail as well. I'd rather we go for it with our short window now than march into the unknown.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'd be okay with this if I had the slightest bit of confidence right now we could win more than 8 games without him.

Fair enough.  I think we will.  I watch Love and see things that lead me to believe he just needs more game time.  Rocky road to begin with, but I remember how excited MLF was when they drafted him.  Game planning will be different, but he's got the tools.

52 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What? This has nothing to do with Rodgers being the "bad guy" lol. It has everything to do with him being a QB at the tail end of his career that's routinely shrank when it mattered. Yes, let's mortgage the future to appease that. 

But, hey, MVP baby!

So, has Aaron Rodgers been a good QB the last two seasons?