Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, R T said:

The Packers have the worst media coverage from reporters, going on a half hour past when the Packers needed to be compilate and none of them have any source for information.   

I mean, the primary source of information for personnel moves is "player's agents" and if the news is "my guy got cut/took a paycut/was restructured" then that's not a thing the agent is going to crow about.

Plus when the moves are boring, the agents aren't interested in talking about them and the media's not interested in reporting on them.

Eventually the transaction wire is going to come out at its normal time though.

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

It's my two older brothers who pretty much gave up on the Packers after they traded Favre. He turned into a full-fledged prick too. I was all for getting rid of Favre as I am with any diva (Rodgers) who becomes bigger than the team. It's an easy concept in a team sport. 

But hey, I get it. You Rodgers worshippers have drunk the Gutekunst kool-aid. It tastes a little too much like bull**** for my taste. Or at least what I think bull**** would taste like. 

GET OFF MY LAWN!

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Z finds a landing spot......

Adam Schefter -   Former Packers’ pass rusher Za'Darius Smith is signing a four-year, $35 million deal that has a max value of $50 million with the Baltimore Ravens

That seems super cheap.  I think he was making 16 mil per in GB.

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, the primary source of information for personnel moves is "player's agents" and if the news is "my guy got cut/took a paycut/was restructured" then that's not a thing the agent is going to crow about.

Plus when the moves are boring, the agents aren't interested in talking about them and the media's not interested in reporting on them.

Eventually the transaction wire is going to come out at its normal time though.

I mean, it's their job.    

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It is.  Damaged goods.  Surprised he got that big of an offer actually.  Thought he'd get a one year prove it deal.  We'll see how it works out for them.  Had he'd not blown out his back he'd still be a Packer.

• Like 1

Just now, R T said:

I mean, it's their job.    

Well, every agent is representing a large number of players and some of them are going to be higher priority in any given moment than any other.

And the NFL writers beat is "Packers news" which includes "Z signs with the Ravens" which is probably of more interest to most people than "the Packers find $8m by cutting Marcedes, Cobb, Crosby, and restructuring Lowry".

10 minutes ago, R T said:

Can only guess you missed the part about it being their job. They don't need to pick one over the other, they can report both things. Why? Because it is their job. 

I'm curious who you think it is that employs these people that thinks "blowing up everybody's phone to get the deets ASAP on the moves that are going to be on the transaction wire anyway" is a thing worth insisting on.

29 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He is coming off a back injury… but yeah. Sucks Green Bay couldn’t make it work, but it seems like there was more issues there than money. The relationship seemed to of soured… I mean he was away from the team for most of the year