Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On 11/26/2018 at 1:45 AM, CWood21 said:

That'd make him the 76th highest paid WR.  You give him that in a heartbeat, especially given the production he had to start the year before he got injured.  Right now, you're moving forward with Adams, MVS, and Allison as your starters, and ESB as your #4.

I'm not tendering allison.  We're riding or dying with ESB and J'Mon Moore.  Allison won't fetch much anywhere

On 11/27/2018 at 8:02 PM, Leader said:

Davante Adams - 25 years old
Blake Martinez -24
Aaron Jones - 24
MVS - 24
Kenny Clark - 23
Jaire Alexander - 21

Robert Tonyan  - 24
Oren Burks - 23
Jamaal Williams - 23

Josh Jackson - 22
EQ - 22

Kevin King - 23

quoted ones are the only ones to be excited about.  Every roster in the NFL is filled with mediocre/bad/totally unproven late round rookies like ESB, Burks, Tonyan and injury prone 2nd round picks like King and yet to flash 2nd rounders like JJ.

MVS barely makes the above list, and mostly because he's a late round rookie doing some things rookies don't usually do.

Kruse:

"There's a big, big difference between saying Aaron Rodgers has played poorly and saying Aaron Rodgers has played below his incredible standards. Rodgers has been very good. For him, however, very good can take on the appearance of poor. Fair, or unfair?"

12 hours ago, Leader said:

Kruse:

"There's a big, big difference between saying Aaron Rodgers has played poorly and saying Aaron Rodgers has played below his incredible standards. Rodgers has been very good. For him, however, very good can take on the appearance of poor. Fair, or unfair?"

30 mill. Imo, fair.

13 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

I'm not tendering allison.  We're riding or dying with ESB and J'Mon Moore.  Allison won't fetch much anywhere

Allison won't make much with the tender either.  And it is a one year deal.  Allison is the perfect example of a good value veteran player that many want to sign, he just isn't from outside the Packers.  I would give him the 2nd round tender.  $2.9 million for one season, when we will have a lot of cap space, or a 2nd round pick.  He was on a very good pace to start the season, and there is no reason to think he cannot replicate that production.  He has produced every time that he was called on.

• Like 2

Ben Fennell:

The Green Bay Packers may be the most polarizing NFL organization in 2018. There are so many story-lines and conversations, that frankly, aren't simple discussions.

McCarthy vs Offense evolution
Rodgers - Injury, Mechanics, Philosophy
How good is Davante?
Emerging stardom of A.Jones/K.Clark
High price let downs - Perry/Daniels/Jimmy G
Pettine's & Jaire's 2018 Impact
Tough personnel decisions
CM3 & Martinez most debated players

Ben Fennell:

The Packers Offense is a homerun offense.
This isn't small ball. This isn't singles/doubles and hit & runs. Are you okay with the 1-for-5 day at the plate with a 3-run HR, and 4 K's?

3rd Down Passing
Y/A: 10.24 (1st in NFL)
25+yd Plays: 13 (1st in NFL)

Completion %: 57.9% (22nd)
Conversions: 37% (24th)
Chunk plays are generated, but at the expense of offensive efficiency and extending drives.

Inside the 30 (...think extended RZ)
TD Efficiency: 46.8% (20th)
Comp %: 52.7% (27th)

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Allison won't make much with the tender either.  And it is a one year deal.  Allison is the perfect example of a good value veteran player that many want to sign, he just isn't from outside the Packers.  I would give him the 2nd round tender.  $2.9 million for one season, when we will have a lot of cap space, or a 2nd round pick.  He was on a very good pace to start the season, and there is no reason to think he cannot replicate that production.  He has produced every time that he was called on.

I just don't think he's anything much to worry about.  If he wants to play for the minimum, happy to have him.  At double or triple that cost I'm going with the kids.

If/when there's a new coach it makes no sense to invest money in a guy who will have to earn his job from scratch regardless of his standing and rapport with the QB.  New coach needs as much of a blank slate as possible.  I don't see Gute hamstringing the roster with a 2.x mil GTD salary 

Just now, Leader said:

JerkOffDave - That you would know where to find such GIFs doesnt surprise me. Keep it clean. This is a football forum.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or what because I haven't been following this conversation, but you've literally called him JerkOffDave twice and you're telling him to keep it clean? 

• Like 1