Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell:

The Green Bay Packers may be the most polarizing NFL organization in 2018. There are so many story-lines and conversations, that frankly, aren't simple discussions.

McCarthy vs Offense evolution
Rodgers - Injury, Mechanics, Philosophy
How good is Davante?
Emerging stardom of A.Jones/K.Clark
High price let downs - Perry/Daniels/Jimmy G
Pettine's & Jaire's 2018 Impact
Tough personnel decisions
CM3 & Martinez most debated players

Eh, a couple of these are big-ticket items but I don't think too many folks care much beyond the McCarthy-Rodgers stuff. And I definitely don't think anyone league-wide is losing sleep over Nick Perry.

Edited by Lodestar

Just now, skibrett15 said:

He's err, um, yanking his errr.... chain.

I still don't know if this is all something I've missed, but for all the grief I get over how I treat people on here, and I know I'm extremely childish with my ridiculous superstition, but I never go around calling people names or any of that, so I really just don't get it if he's seriously condescending and telling people to keep it clean when he's doing that. 

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or what because I haven't been following this conversation, but you've literally called him JerkOffDave twice and you're telling him to keep it clean? 

Its simple really. For some reason folks have taken to changing my comments. I've asked it not be done and for some reason have had to "get into it" with some folks about it. Why? Ahhhhh well, virtual reality fun I guess. Now I've being invited into a hot tub with Mark Chumura (?) and the target of erotica? Hmmmmm.....okay, fine. You want to play games? I'll play along....but after I've asked nicely...when I should have no reason to ask at all , I no longer play nice. So keep playing.

Just now, Leader said:

I'll play along....but after I've asked nicely...when I should have no reason to ask at all , I no longer play nice. So keep playing.

Like I said, I haven't been following the squabble.  All I know is that calling someone JerkOff and in the same post telling him to keep it clean is a little disingenuous. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Like I said, I haven't been following the squabble.  All I know is that calling someone JerkOff and in the same post telling him to keep it clean is a little disingenuous. 

It's not even a squabble. I've no clue what it is or why its even happening - but it has been - I've addressed it nicely multiple times and now I'm the target of sexual innuendo and erotica ? Ha! I'm here to talk about football. If some folks purposefully want to **** with me for no reason (?) - I can handle that easily enough.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Allison won't make much with the tender either.  And it is a one year deal.  Allison is the perfect example of a good value veteran player that many want to sign, he just isn't from outside the Packers.  I would give him the 2nd round tender.  $2.9 million for one season, when we will have a lot of cap space, or a 2nd round pick.  He was on a very good pace to start the season, and there is no reason to think he cannot replicate that production.  He has produced every time that he was called on.

I'm 100% with you here.  No way I let Allison walk when you can re-sign him for essentially pennies.  There's a lot more talent there than people give him credit for, and he's got a fantastic rapport with Rodgers.  Sure, he might be WR4 or WR5 behind the rookies if they make the jump, but given the degree to which Rodgers prefers to target WRs, no reason not to bring him back in case of injury or ineffectiveness.

54 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or what because I haven't been following this conversation, but you've literally called him JerkOffDave twice and you're telling him to keep it clean? 

I'm razzing him for getting mad at thrill! and he is razzing me back by calling me names.  It is all good.  

3 minutes ago, Leader said:
5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I'm razzing him for getting mad at thrill! and he is razzing me back by calling me names.  It is all good.  

Appreciate the bolded part - but in truth, I'd rather not have to get in to any of this.

well that certainly is good to hear!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I'm 100% with you here.  No way I let Allison walk when you can re-sign him for essentially pennies.  There's a lot more talent there than people give him credit for, and he's got a fantastic rapport with Rodgers.  Sure, he might be WR4 or WR5 behind the rookies if they make the jump, but given the degree to which Rodgers prefers to target WRs, no reason not to bring him back in case of injury or ineffectiveness.

If ESB were the one averaging 60.6 yards per game, we would be rejoicing.  Allison had 303 yards in 5 games.  You give him ~3 million and take away Cobb's ~12 million and we have still come out ahead.  Whether he is WR 2, 3, 4, or 5 it is a guy that can be relied upon to produce.  The group of:  Allison, Kumerow, Moore, St. Brown, and Valdes-Scantling will cost less next season than Cobb did this season.  It won't break the bank and it is a quality hand.  Keep him around.