Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, jleisher said:

King just can't stay healthy, should be looking to add another CB if possible.

He's played a total of 15 games the past 2 seasons.  What a mistake not taking Watt.  He's a china doll that can't handle the beating and banging in the NFL.  Just how many frickin corner backs have to be drafted before this team succeeds?  Hopefully Guty did his job last year but probably will have to look for another as King can't be counted on to be there. 

• Like 1

Settle down on King.  The people who are calling him a mistake are the same who were calling Adams a bust after two years.  Wanted Fackrell cut, now King is a bust.

C'mon folks.  Give these high draft picks the time it takes to develop, some mentally (Fack) some physically (King).  Talent on a rookie contract should be given time.

King will still be better than TJ Watt in the long run.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Settle down on King.  The people who are calling him a mistake are the same who were calling Adams a bust after two years.  Wanted Fackrell cut, now King is a bust.

C'mon folks.  Give these high draft picks the time it takes to develop, some mentally (Fack) some physically (King).  Talent on a rookie contract should be given time.

for the Chargers thought probably

10 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We need a complete overhaul of the training staff.  I know you can't help football injuries, but you sure as heck can improve fitness and nutrition and reduce the silly soft tissue injuries that hamper us every year.

They can start by getting Mark Lovat the eff outta here.  His dismissal is 20 years overdue.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

The big question will be whether King puts in maximum effort to improve himself, not only as a player but his body/health as well. One thing you can guarantee about Watt is that the effort will be there. He'll put in the work in the offseason to become better. Hopefully King does the same. Hopefully he takes steps to improve his conditioning or physical attributes to help against the types of injuries he's suffered. All of this in addition to the work needed to improve on the field as well. If he's the type that puts in the work, sky is the limit because of his raw skills. If not, in 2 more years I'm not sure anyone will agree he is the better player. 

11 hours ago, coachbuns said:

He's played a total of 15 games the past 2 seasons.  What a mistake not taking Watt.  He's a china doll that can't handle the beating and banging in the NFL.  Just how many frickin corner backs have to be drafted before this team succeeds?  Hopefully Guty did his job last year but probably will have to look for another as King can't be counted on to be there. 

I would be happy with a lower round guy like, Jamal Peters from Miss St.

Anyone know if Hayward has had injury issues in San Diego?

I'm hoping, really hoping, that the training staff is completely overhauled.  Way too many soft tissue injuries on this team.

King is one of my favorite draft picks ever, but dang, that kid needs to play ball full time.  Not part time.

I watched Watt a week or two ago when he was on national tv.  Came away thinking that Fackrell was a more active player.  Moved quicker.  TJ was not quick to get in on running plays and didn't cover zones well at all.  Very slow to drop.  He did try screaming the edge when he rushed, and showed some good moves, but never got home.

All King has to do is be available for an entire season and this King vs Watt noise should die.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Anyone know if Hayward has had injury issues in San Diego?

I'm hoping, really hoping, that the training staff is completely overhauled.  Way too many soft tissue injuries on this team.

King is one of my favorite draft picks ever, but dang, that kid needs to play ball full time.  Not part time.

I watched Watt a week or two ago when he was on national tv.  Came away thinking that Fackrell was a more active player.  Moved quicker.  TJ was not quick to get in on running plays and didn't cover zones well at all.  Very slow to drop.  He did try screaming the edge when he rushed, and showed some good moves, but never got home.

All King has to do is be available for an entire season and this King vs Watt noise should die.  

That's a pretty big "all he has to do" considering what's happened the past 2 years.  I'm hopefully waiting for next year to see if he's a china doll or not.  He'll have to show me to believe it.

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

The big question will be whether King puts in maximum effort to improve himself, not only as a player but his body/health as well. One thing you can guarantee about Watt is that the effort will be there. He'll put in the work in the offseason to become better. Hopefully King does the same. Hopefully he takes steps to improve his conditioning or physical attributes to help against the types of injuries he's suffered. All of this in addition to the work needed to improve on the field as well. If he's the type that puts in the work, sky is the limit because of his raw skills. If not, in 2 more years I'm not sure anyone will agree he is the better player. 

Take it with a grain of salt, but King was famously doing pushups all camp... like whenever there was a break, he would drop down and do 20. Said he learned it from his dad.

7 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

That's a pretty big "all he has to do" considering what's happened the past 2 years.  I'm hopefully waiting for next year to see if he's a china doll or not.  He'll have to show me to believe it.

Very much agree.

Since I"m a King "guy", I'm going to say it is training staff related.  I don't think Hayward has had issues in San Diego.  Let's get a new staff in there and get the kids healthy.

Now...I'm biased towards King over Watt...keep that in mind....   But...When King covered Julio Jones well, 1:1...and when he stayed with Goodwin, stride for stride, found the ball and made a huge, some may even say "gamechanging" interception, well, that showed me that he can be an elite cover guy in the league.  

I'm going to cherry pick here.  Apologies in advance.  Watt has 2 tackles the last two weeks.  

He's feasted against Cleveland, Atlanta and Jacksonville this year.  Can't determine who you play, I get it, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel concerning King vs. Watt.  At least not yet.

• Like 3