Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That'd make him the 76th highest paid WR.  You give him that in a heartbeat, especially given the production he had to start the year before he got injured.  Right now, you're moving forward with Adams, MVS, and Allison as your starters, and ESB as your #4.

I agree.

I like Allison. Could a FA meet or exceed his contribution? Probably. Maybe. But first we'd need to get one to come here.
I liked when Allison was in the mix. Sure it was gonna cut into the rookie WR snaps - but minus him we're in this "did the WR run the precisely right 'AR approved' route" (?) or did AR just miss it? We're losing "W's" thru that crack and nobody can seem to reach a consensus.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

I agree.

I like Allison. Could a FA meet or exceed his contribution? Probably. Maybe. But first we'd need to get one to come here.
I liked when Allison was in the mix. Sure it was gonna cut into the rookie WR snaps - but minus him we're in this "did the WR run the precisely right 'AR approved' route" (?) or did AR just miss it? We're losing "W's" thru that crack and nobody can seem to reach a consensus.

At that price?  Probably not.  You're probably not finding a WR in FA whose going to outproduce what Allison was on pace to do prior to the injury.  Look at the WRs who were signed for $2.035M or less last year.  Eric Decker, Deonte Thompson, Brandon LaFell, Charles Johnson, etc.  There's not much talent there.  And probably not any clear upgrades there.

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

At that price?  Probably not.  You're probably not finding a WR in FA whose going to outproduce what Allison was on pace to do prior to the injury.  Look at the WRs who were signed for $2.035M or less last year.  Eric Decker, Deonte Thompson, Brandon LaFell, Charles Johnson, etc.  There's not much talent there.  And probably not any clear upgrades there.

No, no.....I'm not calling for Allison's replacement. I've always liked the guy (*) and was hoping this would be his year to take off. I think him a more than capable complementary WR.

(*) In the spirit of full disclosure..........
I did want the GBPs to keep Trevor Davis over Allison when final roster cuts were happening their rookie season. I *hoped* Davis could provide the outside speed we'd been missing.....well, until this year in fact. But Davis never evolved as a WR whereas Allison did. More power to him.

53 solo tackles, 3 INTS.  8 passes defensed.  Paper stats look good.  Can't say how he really looks, though, as I haven't watched a Browns game.  

What I need to remember about Randall is that he failed us with his attitude as much as we failed him by playing him at corner.  As stated, sometimes a change of scenery is a good thing.

• Like 1

He'd easily be GB's best Safety, and that's even when HHCD was with the team this season. Trade is not looking good on Gute's resume right now, especially since the player he got with the Browns pick as part of that deal(Cole Madison) hasn't been with the team all year and we really have no idea if he's ever gonna play

14 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

the player he got with the Browns pick as part of that deal(Cole Madison) hasn't been with the team all year and we really have no idea if he's ever gonna play

He didn't get Cole Madison in the trade, he got a pick. A pick has a value based on round and position regardless of who you draft with it. If Cole Madison happened to be an All Pro the trade wouldn't be any better or worse.

17 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

https://twitter.com/WillBlackmon/status/1066906555444944897

follow the thread, it's not disappointing.

Ok that is awesome. MM has been a very good leader of men that much is tough to dispute. With the ups and downs over the last 5-6 years he's really done well. Blackmon had some funny posts in there. Johnny Jolly's room was waiting for forensics hahaha.

10 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Ok that is awesome. MM has been a very good leader of men that much is tough to dispute. With the ups and downs over the last 5-6 years he's really done well. Blackmon had some funny posts in there. Johnny Jolly's room was waiting for forensics hahaha.

Just wish you could clear out all the joes to see the stories and stuff. Poppingas comment is my favorite.

14 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Just wish you could clear out all the joes to see the stories and stuff. Poppingas comment is my favorite.

Oh yeah Poppinga didn't even notice. In another life he would have made a good weigh lifter bouncer type.........duh. His room smelled moldy.

Andy Herman:

I feel like we need something good to think about as Packer fans.

Davante Adams - 25 years old
Blake Martinez -24
Aaron Jones - 24
MVS - 24
Robert Tonyan  - 24
Kevin King - 23
Kenny Clark - 23
Oren Burks - 23
Jamaal Williams - 23
Josh Jackson - 22
EQ - 22
Jaire Alexander - 21

<Thats some young dudes>

38 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:

I feel like we need something good to think about as Packer fans.

Davante Adams - 25 years old
Blake Martinez -24
Aaron Jones - 24
MVS - 24
Robert Tonyan  - 24
Kevin King - 23
Kenny Clark - 23
Oren Burks - 23
Jamaal Williams - 23
Josh Jackson - 22
EQ - 22
Jaire Alexander - 21

<Thats some young dudes>

I will join.

• We have some good young talent
  • Good stock of draft picks for next spring + GM would has 1 draft in that looks good so far
  • Enough cap space to do something with + GM who might actually do something here although year 1 results are NOT good here

Looking forward to off season more than I normally would