Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

He certainly seemed fast in college, playing against college DB's. The truth is we don't know how fast he truly is at this point. He's not going to run prior to the draft and MVS, he was damn fast so I'm not sure your point is accurate about his speed compared to what we've had.

No doubt he's plenty fast but he's also slight of frame which might be a concern. 

You look at the tape of Jameson.....and see MVS?  Not me. Not even close. Jameson's been doing it at top college programs. MVS played at Univ of South Florida. They're different worlds. MVS went in the 5th round while it doesnt appear Jameson's gonna get out of the first round. Worlds apart. We wont draft him - but I'd love it if we did. It would give our offense a dynamic it's not had for some time.

Add on:  Take away him hitting his pregnant wife (or girlfriend) - I dont even know when it happened - but would you draft Tyreek Hill?

He's smaller than Jameson and lists as 6 pounds heavier - so it's negligible.

Edited by Leader

5 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

I’m hearing from my source inside of the packers front office. Let’s just call him “Deep Throat”. Metcalf to the Packers for #22 is all but a done deal.

Not sure if I'm being ****ed with

• Like 1

Warren Sharp with his pre-draft review on GB :

"The Packers are the ONLY team in NFL HISTORY to win 13+ games for 3 straight seasons it's never been done before ! And now they have more draft capital this year than in any year they've drafted since 2006"

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2022-nfl-draft-coverage-team-needs-green-bay-packers/

GB-Def.png

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

Warren Sharp with his pre-draft review on GB :

"The Packers are the ONLY team in NFL HISTORY to win 13+ games for 3 straight seasons it's never been done before ! And now they have more draft capital this year than in any year they've drafted since 2006"

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2022-nfl-draft-coverage-team-needs-green-bay-packers/

GB-Def.png

All to lose before the SB

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

He certainly seemed fast in college, playing against college DB's. The truth is we don't know how fast he truly is at this point. He's not going to run prior to the draft and MVS, he was damn fast so I'm not sure your point is accurate about his speed compared to what we've had.

No doubt he's plenty fast but he's also slight of frame which might be a concern. 

50 minutes ago, Leader said:

You look at the tape of Jameson.....and see MVS?  Not me. Not even close. Jameson's been doing it at top college programs. MVS played at Univ of South Florida. They're different worlds. MVS went in the 5th round while it doesnt appear Jameson's gonna get out of the first round. Worlds apart. We wont draft him - but I'd love it if we did. It would give our offense a dynamic it's not had for some time.

Add on:  Take away him hitting his pregnant wife (or girlfriend) - I dont even know when it happened - but would you draft Tyreek Hill?

He's smaller than Jameson and lists as 6 pounds heavier - so it's negligible.

Just curious how you took all of the nonsense you added from my post. You said we haven't had Williams kind of speed in forever or something to that effect. I simply pointed out a few facts. MVS was damn fast. His combine time affirmed that. His play on the field affirmed that. Williams is fast, damn fast. His play at the COLLEGE level would seem to affirm that. We aren't going to get affirmation from the combine or his pro day to back up what we saw in his college tape. Those are all knowns. You going off on rest of this has nothing to do with my post. 

There have been a lot of really fast, skinny guys who have busted in the NFL because they couldn't get off of press coverage or they got to a league where you can't get by on speed alone. Mecole Hardman is one that comes immediately to mind. He's not officially a bust because he's still on the roster. 

I would never draft Tyreek Hill because of what he did. I love fast players, almost as much as Al Davis did. I'm not overly fond of my first round picks not being able to play for a good part of their rookie year due to injury. If Green Bay grabs this guy, I completely understand why they would.

3 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

I’m hearing from my source inside of the packers front office. Let’s just call him “Deep Throat”. Metcalf to the Packers for #22 is all but a done deal.

You know, calling Aaron Rodgers that is going to get all the alphabet people heated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

Metcalf for just pick #22? I'm skeptical Seattle would do it, but if that were so, I think it is a no-brainer, especially if the Packers are suspecting the 1st tier of WR's including Burks are going to be off the board by pick #22. Even if Burks were there, who would you rather have for a possession WR, Burks or Metcalf? I'm taking Metcalf. Yes, yes, he'll want big money. But you have tag&trade as a last resort if his demands are unreasonable relative to what he put on the field in the upcoming season.

Edited by DWhitehurst

15 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

Maybe the Packers are working out a long term deal with Metcalf.  I would be pretty happy if it's true.

27 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I will never believe anyone on this forum not named Palmy that claims to have sources. 

Which he never even claimed to have, people just pretended he was their secret inside source on Twitter