Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Packers are due some benefit of the doubt if they decide to sign Watkins. It's not like the careers of Campbell and Rasul Douglas, or even Marcedes Lewis were soaring when the Packers signed them. Packers do their homework, both on the player's abilities, and whether the player is a fit for what the Packers do. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Packers are due some benefit of the doubt if they decide to sign Watkins. It's not like the careers of Campbell and Rasul Douglas, or even Marcedes Lewis were soaring when the Packers signed them. Packers do their homework, both on the player's abilities, and whether the player is a fit for what the Packers do. 

Amazing they hit on these guys without watching any tape. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Is this the first time that a rumor on Reddit didn't turn out to be completely BS? Lol. 

No actually. It just happened not long ago. Guy was on GB sub and NFL saying Adams was getting traded to LV and got beat up pretty bad for it. 

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

the reward is certainly there. If we do sign him, I’d like to hedge our bet and take another lottery pick. 

It will be a low risk move if we do it. Bring him in he's a pro, well travelled but a pro WR. Might as well add 1 or 2 to the room maybe he gels with AR and can be ok, if not he'll get released with a few bucks in his jeans for a SB. I could see another one too maybe on top of this. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Amazing they hit on these guys without watching any tape. 

As he said while pasting his stats he just googled lol

I'm not even Team Watkins or anything but geez.

He's gotta be cheap too. Doesn't alter your plans with anything else, though you aren't going to sign him and then go sign Julio I'm sure. But this isn't a one or the other thing. Just like someone said they'd rather have MVS. Well sure. And I'd rather take Jones but again, that's not how this decision is being made. 

He's not going to be asked to be the guy or anything

• Like 1

Watkins has gotten hurt in week 4 or 5 every year for the last 4 years. He always comes out of the gate hot, (been on pace for 1000+ yards in the first quarter of 3/4 of those seasons) gets hurt and then the snap counts and production go way down when he comes back. Keeping him healthy is going to first and foremost be the key, because if anything he's penciled in at #1 or #2 if he signs, so the snap counts are only going up. 

That said, familiarity with his position coach and HC is nice. He's obviously supremely talented. Those who think we're doing this instead of trading for Metcalf, McLaurin or Deebo are going to be pissed, but they're also morons so we should just ignore them. Those who understand we used Tae's money to sign Rasul, Tonyan, Reed and two top 53 picks and thus are going to take a "Moneyball" approach to this WR core, should be happy about this. There's a definite chance that you can get more value for your dollar with Watkins or Fuller vs Jones or Landry which you're going to pay them for the success they've had elsewhere. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rthom348 said:

We need receivers. And not just rookie receivers. But why does the Watkins news make me feel worse about the state of affairs of the WR room than I did yesterday?

Because the click bait media has convinced you that a bunch of teams just want to give away their 24 year old star WR's ? 

• Like 2