Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

42 minutes ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

I MIGHT become a Vikings fan if we draft him before pick 59. Poor man's George Pickens. In seriousness the way he moves reminds me a little of Jordy Nelson. 

He'll be gone by then. I really think so. Or very close anyways

1 minute ago, TheEagle said:

We're still going to draft Pierce (grew up a Packers fan) or Watson (his Dad was drafted by the Packers in 1993), right?

Yes, they are two of the eleven WR's they are going to draft. 

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Don't mean to be blunt, but you're really freaking annoying today. It says in the article, Reid and Mahomes love Watkins and that he was the guy preaching selflessness to the young WR's when there weren't balls coming their way. The Ravens loved him in that room too. He and Cobb are going to be excellent as mentors for our young guys incoming. 

The guy has some beliefs that are odd, the guy also has most of his family dead or in prison and was on a path to killing himself via drugs and alcohol at a young age. He turned his life around, whatever you need to believe or think to do that is none of my business. 

Lol I already called him annoying today. 

I didn't know about the family stuff and everything before now either

25 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

There's not a lot of risk to this .. if he stinks in camp, or gets injured you cut him loose.

I dont think there is either, just surprised me a bit. Someone else posted his stats against MVS and it's pretty similar. Not saying he is taking that role but to replace that production for 4 mil instead of 10, I don't hate it.

https://www.packers.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-new-packers-wr-sammy-watkins

He was a force during Kansas City's Super Bowl LIV run.

Watkins advanced to the AFC Championship Game during each of his three seasons with the Chiefs, but his finest hour came during Kansas City's Super Bowl run in 2019.
He caught 14 passes for 288 yards and a touchdown in three playoff games, including five receptions for 98 yards in the Chiefs' 31-20 victory over San Francisco in Super Bowl LIV. In the regular-season opener that year, Watkins set single-game career highs in both receiving yards (198) and receiving TDs (3) during a 40-26 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Signing a veteran makes sense since "The Packers absolutely need to take one position as their #1 pick" is a bad thing to go into a draft when everybody knows it.

Since, like, that's what's going to get a bunch of teams to trade ahead of you to take all those top guys at that position and then you're left looking at what's left.

44 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Don't mean to be blunt, but you're really freaking annoying today. It says in the article, Reid and Mahomes love Watkins and that he was the guy preaching selflessness to the young WR's when there weren't balls coming their way. The Ravens loved him in that room too. He and Cobb are going to be excellent as mentors for our young guys incoming. 

The guy has some beliefs that are odd, the guy also has most of his family dead or in prison and was on a path to killing himself via drugs and alcohol at a young age. He turned his life around, whatever you need to believe or think to do that is none of my business. 

I wouldn't be so quick to applaud him, he sounds like he has serious mental illness issues and his coaches and teammates were just enabling/humoring his mental illness in order to put results first instead of actually trying to help him get better.

The Chiefs made no attempt to re-sign him last year and the Ravens made no attempts to re-sign him this year. So much for a "valuable locker room presence".

Anyway, the Ravens signed him because of his experience in Greg Roman's offence from their time in Buffalo. it didn't work out. Now we're doing the same thing again with LaFleur from their time in LA. What makes us think this time round will be any different?

The more I look into this, the more I see just how bad a signing this is.

Edited by Chili