Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

12 minutes ago, Chili said:

I wouldn't be so quick to applaud him, he sounds like he has serious mental illness issues and his coaches and teammates were just enabling/humoring his mental illness in order to put results first instead of actually trying to help him get better.

The Chiefs made no attempt to re-sign him last year and the Ravens made no attempts to re-sign him this year. So much for a "valuable locker room presence".

Anyway, the Ravens signed him because of his experience in Greg Roman's offence from their time in Buffalo. it didn't work out. Now we're doing the same thing again with LaFleur from their time in LA. What makes us think this time round will be any different?

The more I look into this, the more I see just how bad a signing this is.

If there are "issues" like you think he'll have ... cut him then if it becomes reality as it won't cost much to do so.  You can wonder if it was a good or bad move but he's been signed without a lot of dollars being spent.  If it turns out you're wrong .. great.

19 minutes ago, Chili said:

I wouldn't be so quick to applaud him, he sounds like he has serious mental illness issues and his coaches and teammates were just enabling/humoring his mental illness in order to put results first instead of actually trying to help him get better.

The Chiefs made no attempt to re-sign him last year and the Ravens made no attempts to re-sign him this year. So much for a "valuable locker room presence".

Anyway, the Ravens signed him because of his experience in Greg Roman's offence from their time in Buffalo. it didn't work out. Now we're doing the same thing again with LaFleur from their time in LA. What makes us think this time round will be any different?

The more I look into this, the more I see just how bad a signing this is.

Jeezus, take a breath!

Watkins has ties to MLF, Vrabel (position coach). He's as good as anyone else on the veteran scrap heap. Rodgers is on board, it is very low risk/high reward.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He just posted above you. 

I wouldn't be so quick to tease him, he sounds like he has serious mental illness issues and the other posters here were just enabling/humoring his mental illness.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Norm said:

I wouldn't be so quick to tease him, he sounds like he has serious mental illness issues and the other posters here were just enabling/humoring his mental illness.

You think it's funny making light of mental illness.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118356b2ed0301572109

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chili said:

Just wait until he takes his jersey off at Lambeau in December and runs off the field during a game.🤣🤣

Edited by NFLGURU

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I don't hate it either.

Now I'm trying to figure out which WR in the draft is somewhat comparable to Watkins.  Looking purely in terms of mentorship now.

It isn't a slot kid like Moore or Dotson.

I don't see a comp with London.

Maybe it is there with Burkes, but he's not a great comp.

I don't see it with Wilson.  Could be wrong there.

I think it comes down to Williams and Olave.  If one of them makes it past 15, I think we move up to secure the guy to learn from Watkins.

You forgot Pickens.