Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

24 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Packers coach Matt LaFleur is really close with Mike Denbrock, Cincinnati’s OC for Pierce’s whole career there.
Packers will know everything about  Pierce and exactly how he’d fit.

Deguara

2 hours ago, R T said:

With Denzel Ward signing a 5YR/100.5M extension, it could be a very good contract for the Packers and Alexander's agent to work off of.  

If someone offers similar draft compensation as Jamal Adams and Ramsey got(2 1sts and a 3rd/4th), does Gute bite. Let's take a look at the Jamal Adams trade. Ended up being:

2021 pick #23

2021 pick #86

2022 pick #4 

Gute has proven to be one of the best drafting GMs in the league. 2 1sts and 25m in cap savings gives us a lot of flexibility for the future. Especially if we luck into a top 5 pick like the Jets did

Since NFL is a copy cat league, with the recent success of the Rams and them trading picks for proven veteran players. I wonder if picks are gonna be devalued by teams moving forward. 

Edited by Mdpackfan22

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Deguara

Not sure if this is shot or just a comp for same school contact. If it's a shot on him lets not forget the kid is coming off an ACL as a rook and didn't do terrible in year 2. Compare him to Finley a 3rd rounder who did squat for a couple years. TE is no easy position to learn and play at the NFL level. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Re: WR Alec Pierce via Zach Kruse

Packers coach Matt LaFleur is really close with Mike Denbrock, Cincinnati’s OC for Pierce’s whole career there.
Packers will know everything about  Pierce and exactly how he’d fit.

Pierce_celebrating_catch.jpg

oj simpson 90s GIF

If Gutey does this on draft day, we revolt.

1 hour ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

If someone offers similar draft compensation as Jamal Adams and Ramsey got(2 1sts and a 3rd/4th), does Gute bite. Let's take a look at the Jamal Adams trade. Ended up being:

2021 pick #23

2021 pick #86

2022 pick #4 

Gute has proven to be one of the best drafting GMs in the league. 2 1sts and 25m in cap savings gives us a lot of flexibility for the future. Especially if we luck into a top 5 pick like the Jets did

Since NFL is a copy cat league, with the recent success of the Rams and them trading picks for proven veteran players. I wonder if picks are gonna be devalued by teams moving forward. 

Oh I'd think he would take that deal.  That is a lot of draft capital to work with.  Love Alexander but that's just too much to pass up.  Just that #4 is massive.  Price we pay for being in it every year.  Draft so damn late.  Would love to see what Gute could do with those picks. Yep and the cost saving is huge.  Let other teams trade away picks like candy.  We are draft and develop plays right into our hands.  Of course only works when you have a good GM that hits consistently. 

1 hour ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

2021 pick #23

2021 pick #86

2022 pick #4 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Jets have pick #10 this year as part of the Adams deal. I googled it and it was a lot more than you have here. 

On July 25th, 2020, the Jets made a franchise changing trade of their best player, which expedited the rebuild process that GM Joe Douglas is in the process of. The Jets sent Jamal Adams and a 2022 4th round pick to Seattle in exchange for a 2021 1st Rounder, a 2022 1st rounder, a 2021 3rd rounder, and S Bradley McDougald.

34 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Jets have pick #10 this year as part of the Adams deal. I googled it and it was a lot more than you have here. 

On July 25th, 2020, the Jets made a franchise changing trade of their best player, which expedited the rebuild process that GM Joe Douglas is in the process of. The Jets sent Jamal Adams and a 2022 4th round pick to Seattle in exchange for a 2021 1st Rounder, a 2022 1st rounder, a 2021 3rd rounder, and S Bradley McDougald.

You might be correct. Clicked the first link when googling it https://thejetpress.com/posts/ny-jets-jamal-adams-trade-worst-decade that said Seattle gave Jets a top 5 pick. Didn't fact check it but #10 pick is still a potential blue chip player.

Love Jaire but if we can choose between

1. Re-sign him

2. Deal him for 2 1sts, a 3rd and signing a JC Jackson level player for 17m

Give me option 2 all day 

Edited by Mdpackfan22

4 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

2021 pick #23

2021 pick #86

2022 pick #4 

would have to be a team with cap space and a need at QB that might feel a top tier CB is a final piece for them.

Cincy, INDY, KC, LAC, Philly

Are you taking a very late 1st from Cincy or KC with the likely scenario that the 2023 1st is also late 20's?

Indy doesn't have a 2022 1st, you willing to push those picks further out?

LAC and Philly might be options in the mid teens

I think it would really depend on how the contract extension negotiations are going/not going?  

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

oj simpson 90s GIF

If Gutey does this on draft day, we revolt.

Why? He is clearly one of the WRs in this class that fits GB in almost every metric. He is just poor in the agility metrics… but his agility metrics are very similar to Jordy.

3 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

You might be correct. Clicked the first link when googling it https://thejetpress.com/posts/ny-jets-jamal-adams-trade-worst-decade that said Seattle gave Jets a top 5 pick. Didn't fact check it but #10 pick is still a potential blue chip player.

Love Jaire but if we can choose between

1. Re-sign him

2. Deal him for 2 1sts, a 3rd and signing a JC Jackson level player for 17m

Give me option 2 all day 

If we can get him extended for what Ramsey and Ward got, I want him back. If he's holding out for 25 a year average with a ton guaranteed, I'd certainly entertain the thought. 

I'm not convinced JC Jackson isn't a system guy and flops in his new home. 

Now, if the Jets were dumb enough to give us 4 and 10 or the Giants 5 & 7, I'd give it some thought because we could get Thibodeaux and Stingley. Unfortunately, teams aren't that dumb.