Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

It'll be like most potential trades for us, the asking price will be too much, especially to a playoff contending team.

I wouldn't be mad we got him, but I don't think the value is there at this point at the markets price. Just go and get your guy(s) and start developing the position again thru the draft. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 2

Use the draft we can't afford him without pushing way more down the line anyway. If he leaves the 9ers they are a tad weaker and hopefully he ends up in the AFC.

Draft our weapons we don't need a ton there will be some growing pains but who cares invest in our defense give AR a top 5 unit for a couple years. Screw WR's. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

We have something that none of the other teams can offer.  An elite corner. (I'll make it easier this time.)

I can be wrong, but I think trading JA will put another almost $4M dead cap in 2022 and Deebo wants to see the big bucks too. So where should all this money come from, given the Packers can barely sign their rookie class at the moment? 

Hold on, I think it's 1.7M, but still.

Edited by Gravedigger93

1 hour ago, Gravedigger93 said:

I can be wrong, but I think trading JA will put another almost $4M dead cap in 2022 and Deebo wants to see the big bucks too. So where should all this money come from, given the Packers can barely sign their rookie class at the moment? 

According to OTC we save 13.3m in cap. That covers the signing bonus.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gravedigger93 said:

His prorated bonus only covered the 4 year deal he signed. His salary this year is the 5th year option. Trading him leaves us with NO cap hit.

I'm not advocating for this in the least as an FYI. Unless he wants 25 million a year in real money, not some bogus deal to stroke his ego. 

16 hours ago, Haha21 said:

Can't imagine San Francisco trading him to GB. They will be asking for a crazy haul that I don't think we would be able to meet. AFC is much more likely.

Hope we don't explore this.  Deebo wants top dollar, we want someone to take the top off the defense, this is NOT our guy.  He's not a top WR, he's a gadget guy.  Yes, he is good. He is NOT what this offense needs.  He is a media darling and not worth $25-30M a year. 

On GMFB today they reported that Deebo doesn't like the way SF uses him, wears him down.  Please run from this Gute.