Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

Turnabout is fair play. SF sure didn’t mind throwing a few logs on the fire with last year’s drama. 

We offer the 49ers "A. Rodgers" straight up for Deebo, but when the time comes, we put Amari on the plane instead of Aaron.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, R T said:

That Adams trade has ruined some of ya'll for the rest of you life's.

When they say it isn't about the money, it's about the money. If Deebo is traded anywhere there will be a new contract along with deal. There is no free lunch at the expense of the 49er's here.  

Deebo has said the reason he wants out of SF is he doesn't like the way they used him as a part time RB.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pugger said:

Deebo has said the reason he wants out of SF is he doesn't like the way they used him as a part time RB.

The problem he'll have is that's who he is.  If he won't play some RB, are teams as interested in paying top dollar as a pure WR??

19 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

The problem he'll have is that's who he is.  If he won't play some RB, are teams as interested in paying top dollar as a pure WR??

Yes. The reason you think he isn't a top WR is only because of the way SF used him, which is exactly why he's done playing that way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Yes. The reason you think he isn't a top WR is only because of the way SF used him, which is exactly why he's done playing that way. 

He has great impact as a RB/WR.  I certainly wouldn't pay him 25 million just as a WR.  He's banged up a lot and isn't worth that kind of money as a WR.   JMO. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I feel like this debate is going in circles lol

I laughed at this yesterday or the day before lol they just keep saying the same stuff and then getting corrected and about why this is happening then someone does it again. It's great though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Is there any "reason" to suggest not?

not specifically, but there have instances of players putting up great numbers for a partial or full season that never replicate them.  Maybe some teams are unsure if 2021 was the baseline or an anomaly 

• Like 1

Just now, squire12 said:

not specifically, but there have instances of players putting up great numbers for a partial or full season that never replicate them.  Maybe some teams are unsure if 2021 was the baseline or an anomaly 

I guess I try to at least look for some reason it might have been flukey but I don't think there's much to point at. 

That being said I'm not sold he's an elite guy yet by any means either but I wouldn't be scared he can't play at a high level as. a pure WR. Don't want to pay him that high end WR money but I don't really want to pay anyone that. So idk