Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Many fans seem to ignore Lazard when they bring up the "need" for adding another vet.  Watkins has already been added, while Cobb and Lazard remain.  I'm not seeing a huge need to add another vet unless Watkins is a basket case.

Okay. Thanks. I was puzzled by the comment in that dont see it that way. Lazard's gotta be an important cog in our passing attack now and I'm hopeful he's gonna take off production-wise now that Davante's gone.

While I'm sure I dont know all the FA WRs that are out there - I dont think the roster mandates bringing another in and I'm not enamored with the top "name" FAs out there. That might be stupid confidence in unknown rookies....but thats where my head's at.

Time to fill out that roster Gute.

Not many holes but I'd be considering another DB (King?), EDGE or WR. Another under the radar move would be TE. The Packers were obviously interested in Waller and with Tonyan uncertain for Week 1, that's a pretty TE room right now. 

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Time to fill out that roster Gute.

Not many holes but I'd be considering another DB (King?), EDGE or WR. Another under the radar move would be TE. The Packers were obviously interested in Waller and with Tonyan uncertain for Week 1, that's a pretty TE room right now. 

Clowney has always intrigued me but guessing his price tag is still too high. Not really a pass rusher. 

4 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

You only add a vet if you dont think Lazard can play and the staff thinks lazard can play sooooo

I don't think Lazard is the reason we would or wouldn't look at a vet. I think a crowded receiver room is the reason we don't look at a vet. 

Only one that makes any sense is to give OBJ a redshirt season on a multi year contract since it's possible Watkins, Lazard and Cobb are all gone in a season. I wouldn't do it, but it makes at least a little sense.

#3 safety--- these guys could be washed i have no idea... but feel like this is an area i'd like to see a vet body added 
tashaun gipson
jaquiski tartt

#3/4 edge --- along with safety, the only spot on paper that looks like we need another good body there 
jadeveon clowney
carlos dunlap
justin houston 
melvin ingram
jason pierre-paul
jerry hughes

slot corners and king ---- i think they're all set with jaire and keisean on the inside, but maybe another guy
mackensie alexander
kevin king
bryce callahan
chris harris
kyle fuller
joe haden

pass catchers --- think probably on a TE makes sense to add. wide out room is full but that makes taking a flyer on a guy like fuller or odell a little more intriguing if they're down for a near minimum deal... jarvis/julio probably outta the mix, would've just signed them over watkins but still kinda keeping an eye on it
jared cook
kyle rudolph
eric ebron
odell beckham 
will fuller
jarvis landry
julio jones

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I don't think Lazard is the reason we would or wouldn't look at a vet. I think a crowded receiver room is the reason we don't look at a vet. 

Only one that makes any sense is to give OBJ a redshirt season on a multi year contract since it's possible Watkins, Lazard and Cobb are all gone in a season. I wouldn't do it, but it makes at least a little sense.

Whys it crowded chief? (The vets in the room, Lazard included) So either you add a vet to delete Watkins, who we just added for vet presence, or Lazard. (the only o the real cut option that hasn't been drafted the last two years)

Edited by HighCalebR

I got a gut feeling that Julio Jones will go to the Ravens.

They traded away Hollywood Brown and did not draft a WR. Julio Jones is a big physical receiver and would fit in Baltimore's physical offence.

Like @Sandysaid OBJ would make some sense for us but he's going to be asking for alot of money and I don't think we will be able to accomodate him.

Edited by Chili