Leader

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Jacob Morley -   Top 5 CB coverage grades after two weeks per PFF:

1. Darius Slay
2. D.J. Reed Jr.
3. Kader Kohou
4. Rasul Douglas
5. Jaire Alexander

If Barry would have had his head out of his butt and let Alexander cover Jefferson in week one .. #5 would be #1.  Here's hoping Barry doesn't fall so much in love with his zone he can't see the forest from trees.

8 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

If Barry would have had his head out of his butt and let Alexander cover Jefferson in week one .. #5 would be #1.  Here's hoping Barry doesn't fall so much in love with his zone he can't see the forest from trees.

I think it's probably the opposite, #4 would be closer to #1 and #5 would be off the list. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Can't help but wonder what Watson's target numbers might be had he caught that 1st pass.  I expect both MLF and Arod would have been wanting to try that again sooner rather than later. 

They should want to try it again anyway - route looked great and he blew by the DB. Everything was terrific until the ball changed off his mitts.

Turns out my significant other did Milly Crosby's hair on her wedding day, and the soon-to-be Mrs Crosby talked about setting her up with "someone I know"

My s/o is beautiful now but 14 yrs ago she was an absolute smokeshow. Bullet dodged for Mr BE well before the fact (we met though mutual friends in 08, I was married until 2013, we dated in 2015 and got back together last year, being friends the whole time)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, R T said:

The love for JRJ and hate for Newman on this board is ridiculous. They are both medium grade OGs, yet one gets a never-ending pass and the other is blamed for every OL failure.   

JRJ is pretty consistent.

Newman, over the course of his starting career, is not.  I seem down on him, but I'm not.  When I focus on him during the game, he like DOMINATES 7 out of 10 plays.  And then is putrid for 3 plays.  If that guy ever gains the consistency factor, he's going to be very, very good.  And I gotta keep remembering....he's young.  

I actually feel like Newman has a higher ceiling than JRJ.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 11:17 AM, Leader said:

Corey Behnke -   If our offense commits to Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon the same way we committed to throwing to Davante last year NO ONE CAN STOP US.

I like the potential of our run game for sure.  But I disagree with Corey.  It's a matchup league, and every defense has different strengths and different ways they prioritize defending you.  Trying to force it against teams that combine good run-stop personnel with strong run-stop priority seems questionable.  Do what works best in a given week.

I kinda feel like it depends a lot on opponent's ability to defense the edges.  I feel like our linemen are best when they are on the run.  Their agility/mobility is more impressive than their push.  So I wonder if teams that have good set-the-edge capacity, and good sideline-to-sideline range, might be harder for us?  Not sure running up the middle will work great consistently?  

Geeeezz...........

Paul Bretl -    LaFleur on improved tackling: “I think one way to counteract if you aren’t tackling very well is you have to have multiple hats to the ball. So if one guy does miss there is somebody there to back him up.”

GB has 20 missed tackles and ranks 31st in tackling grade by PFF.

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Anyone else remember Turner at guard?  Very good for many plays, then a huge gaffe.

That's what I remember.  

And that is Newman right now, only Newman is younger with a lot more growth potential.

I think Newman is a better guard when of course we have a decent T beside him. With that said he's only in year 2. He still looks small and could use some more lead in his pencil. But from week 1 to week 2 the Oline was night to days better. Jenkins showed some rust considering when he went out with the knee he was playing LT and had pretty much played exclusively on that side. I expect to see a top notch right side moving forward as Jenkins settles into his future HOF position. Never know if Bahk flames out maybe we move him and Josh, i doublt it but if you have to pay Jenkins it might as well be to play LT.

10 hours ago, Leader said:

Geeeezz...........

Paul Bretl -    LaFleur on improved tackling: “I think one way to counteract if you aren’t tackling very well is you have to have multiple hats to the ball. So if one guy does miss there is somebody there to back him up.”

GB has 20 missed tackles and ranks 31st in tackling grade by PFF.

Not enough nasty on the defense.

This is why Wyatt needs to get ready.

Reed, Douglas, Alexander, Amos and maybe Campbell are the only players on this defense I trust to reliably tackle someone.

The rest rely too much on their athleticism and don’t have the nasty.

Haven’t put too much thought into it, but it’s my current theory and until someone counteracts it with facts, I’m sticking to it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Reed, Douglas, Alexander, Amos and maybe Campbell are the only players on this defense I trust to reliably tackle someone.

Haven’t put too much thought into it, but it’s my current theory and until someone counteracts it with facts, I’m sticking to it.

you don't trust clark to tackle someone?

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

When you run a passive scheme like Barry's I think it trickles down to the players.  We don't even blitz.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, craig said:

I like the potential of our run game for sure.  But I disagree with Corey.  It's a matchup league, and every defense has different strengths and different ways they prioritize defending you.  Trying to force it against teams that combine good run-stop personnel with strong run-stop priority seems questionable.  Do what works best in a given week.

I kinda feel like it depends a lot on opponent's ability to defense the edges.  I feel like our linemen are best when they are on the run.  Their agility/mobility is more impressive than their push.  So I wonder if teams that have good set-the-edge capacity, and good sideline-to-sideline range, might be harder for us?  Not sure running up the middle will work great consistently?  

We'll find out this week vs. Tampa. The last time we played down there, they played right into their sideline-to-sideline strengths, so hopefully MLF and AR come up with something that doesn't revolve around challenging Tampa's strengths.

41 minutes ago, Striker said:

We'll find out this week vs. Tampa. The last time we played down there, they played right into their sideline-to-sideline strengths, so hopefully MLF and AR come up with something that doesn't revolve around challenging Tampa's strengths.

Devon White and Lavonte David must go down and they must go down hard .. over and over again.